Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Celebrity

Hi Everyone,

There is a celebrity in our neighborhood. Not a big one, mind you. She is just famous enough that everyone knows her name, and everyone stops to say hello to her. She often takes walks at night while we are out walking, and we've been witnesses in the neighborhood swarming that goes on. She's even famous enough that people who see our baby comment on how cute she is, but do not gush. And people, she is gush worthy! Just look at this. She's not yet 5 months old and she sat up long enough for me to play with her and think, I should take a picture. And then run into the other room, turn the camera on, and get her to look at me before she fell down. Now if that isn't something to gush about, what is?! :)

But I digress. People do gush over the celebrity. Our celebrity started her career off young, which is why she is still living in a neighborhood like ours. You would think that a celebrity would keep a better house, but since this is where her family is, this is where she is too.

She is incredibly friendly, and is always getting to know new people. I even know of some neighbors who are outside around the same time every day just to see her. She's good enough to always stop and visit, but doesn't delay her walk too much. There may be other people waiting for her down the road!

One neighborhood kid named Pooh Bear (no joke, that's what everyone calls her, even her mother) is especially enamored with our celebrity and will follow her around. Much to the chagrin of Pooh Bear's mother and their neighbors because Pooh Bear's mother is calling for her while Pooh Bear is off keeping court with the celebrity. So everyone around hears "Pooh Bear!!" but her. Our celebrity's mom (who often goes walking with her) has had to remind Pooh Bear to mind her own mother and go inside when called.

I hear she sleeps in late, and doesn't do her dishes. I suppose for a celebrity you can always hire someone else to do your dishes, but I think doing ones dishes normalizes one. Wouldn't you agree?

Our celebrity is still young. Blonde, fit, with brown eyes and a piercing voice. Anyone want to venture a guess? No? Well, I have a recent photo of her...




Surprise! It's our puppy. And yes, she is a celebrity in our neighborhood. (I didn't really surprise you...but did I have you going for a bit?) Everyone stops to say hi to her, and all the kids yell "Soot!" when we leave our house. It's like walking with someone very famous. People call Butterfly her little sister and tell us if Butterfly grows up to be as cute as the dog, she'll be beautiful. Thanks, I think.

Until next time,
Safire, Juice, Butterfly, Soot

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller