Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Busy busy busy

Everyone,

Suddenly it seems like our life has exploded in activities. Between Juice's weekly computer night, my weekly night out with the 13 year old in my church, other church responsibilities, hanging out with friends, doing stuff with Butterfly, babysitting 2 days a week, and trying to see things in the area, my life is swamped. Not to mention trying to keep the house in somewhat of an order and actually make dinner before 7pm at night. I just feel so busy and I never have to to get on here and talk about the things I want to talk about. I've convinced Butterfly to play with her own computer right now so maybe I can get an update.

Last weekend Juice, Butterfly, Soot and I all drove down to the Atlantic Ocean to see Assateague Island and the wild ponies. This has been a lifelong dream of mine ever since I read Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry. Paul and Maureen's adventures with the wild horses on Assateague was something I read about over and over as a little girl. I told myself then that if I was ever close enough to go, I would. When we moved out here, I thought we would be close enough to go, but it never really happened. But last weekend, it did. Here are a few pictures. It rained pretty much the whole weekend. And let me tell you, it's no fun spending the night in a 2 man tent with Butterfly, Juice, and Soot. Can anyone say wet dog smell? Other than the wet, we had a really good time. Assteague is bigger than I though, and also a lot more inaccessible than I thought. I suppose it is a nature preserve so they want to preserve nature but still...it would have been nice to be able to go more places. But still, it was beautiful, and I seriously want to go again. Juice gets a little crazy look in his eye when I say that. But he did promise me that if we are still in the area in 2 years, we could go to Pony Penning Day where they swim the wild horses across the channel from Assateague to Chincoteage and Cull the heard. If we don't go in 2 years, one day I will go. Maybe Butterfly and I could have a trip when she is older or something. One thing that was no fun was going over the Bay Bridge. Traffic was backed up from 97 to the Bridge, which is about 20 miles. It took us 3 hours to go those 2 0miles. Apparently the weather was so bad they closed the bridge down to 2 lanes. Ugh IT was awful. I must admit that Butterfly did a very good job and only screamed for about half an hour. She slept so me, and ate a lot of snakes and played with Soot. Thank goodness for Soot.


Does anyone know what this building is a picture of? Think movie. Maybe I'll send a prize to the winning guess. If no one guesses right before Tuesday I'll put out a hint. (Mom, you don't count because I told you what it is already...sorry.)

Our good friends have just recently had a newborn baby boy so we were able to go out and see him. He has HUGE hands and Feet! Butterfly was very good while I was holding him, and discovered his nose, ears, mouth, head, etc. She was more interested in their 100 lbs Alaskan malamute than the baby.

Yesterday, Butterfly threw up for the first time. Not spit up, but actually heaving throwing up the contents of her stomach, smelling like puke kind of throw up. It was awful. Especially since I had to catch it in my hand or risk puke on the floor. What a mommy won't do for her kid, right?

Safire

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great trip!! I have a guess about the pic. Is it "Runaway Bride"? Just throwing it out there. Glad to have you back! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller