Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Back to the Gym

Everyone,

I've started going back to the gym. I was put on hiatus once I found out I was pregnant by my doctor, and was told I could start back up once I was well into the 2nd trimester. Well, that didn't work out. My hormone levels are back to normal. So I figured I could go back to the gym now, after giving my body some time to heal. I went to the gym yesterday for a pilates class.

This was my very first pilates class. Wow am I uncoordinated! The class was full of breathing while rolling up and down, and moving right arm and left leg together. I stumbled through. And I felt fine after. This morning I felt fine too. But now, this afternoon, I'm starting to feel my abs. Ouch! And my arms...I did 9 push ups yesterday and boy do I hurt. I think this will be good for me. As a favorite movie line says, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't kill their husbands." Happy people whose husbands watch the kids so you can go make more endorphins at the gym don't kill them either. :) I do like yoga better because I could take the time to figure out the moves. I must be doing something right because my abs!

Our summer is piling up to be a busy one. One big splurge we are doing at the end is going to the Pennsylvania Renn Faire. It's only about 2 hours from here, so we're going to enjoy a different Faire this year. We are also going to the Maryland Renn Faire as we always do. I think it's just because we want to wear our garb. We are going to stay over a hotel near the faire so we can really enjoy it and turn it into a mini-vacation/road trip for us.

Our town has free kid concerts on Monday mornings, Tuesday and Wednesday the local theater is showing free kid movies, Thursdays I have a standing scrap booking date with a lady in my ward and the farmer's market with yummy fresh produce, and Fridays Juice typically gets off early so we can go and do stuff. It's also fun to go swimming with my moms group, and play dates for Butterfly. We are busy!

I saw my first firefly of the season yesterday. I love seeing them flash bright green near our house. Last year along the creek, they were all flashing white. Fireflies are something that I will miss terribly when we move away. (No, no plans until at least 2+ years.) We may have to keep Butterfly up one night and let her catch a few in some jars. Check out THIS LINK for some pictures of the fireflies in our area.

Safire

1 comment:

  1. I see someone has been watching Legally Blonde on ABC family. How do I know this? Because I've been watching Legally Blonde on ABC family. "Oh my gosh! The bend and snap! Works every time."

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller