Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Labor Day Hiking

Everyone,

Okay, I know Labor Day was weeks ago. But I just got the pictures off my camera a few days ago and thought you'd like to see us hiking. You know I have this national parks passport book. It is so much fun to put that little stamp in the book! It's become kind of a quest for me. My goal is get all of Maryland's stamps in the next year. Most of the ones we have left are battlefields and houses to see. But Catoctin is one we were still able to Soot with us. We had a great time! We hiked only 2 of the 4 little short trails I had planned out because it took us 2 hours to get out of the house.

We thought we should buy some lunch! So we had to stop at the sandwich place and pick up something. And then I thought that it might cost to get into the park (often does) so we had to stop by the ATM which was really busy. And then we had to stop by the babysitting place and feed/pick up their dog. We took her with us. I had no idea it would take that long to do those little errands but they did.

Anyway, we were able to hike to the highest point in the park, and also the opposite view. These mountains are nothing compared to Utah's mountains, but they are nice. Butterfly got tired half way through and it's a good thing I still had my carrier in the trunk. It was a good day for everyone!

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller