Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Linky-Loo

Everyone,

Been super busy doing who knows what. Juice has a big project this week and has been busy at work until 7pm for awhile. Makes me tired! In any case, there has been a lot of talk around my mommy blogs about Bill Maher and his bashing on breastfeeding. You can read the story behind it here.

I read a few very good posts about this (many many more...just these ones stuck out in my mind, especially the last one) so I thought I'd share. I nursed Butterfly until she was 15 months, and it was the most wonderful thing for both of us. She loved it, I loved it. It's what I miss the most about her baby-ness.

While I am not pushing breastfeeding on anyone (I think everyone should choose what is best for them and their family) what he said was wrong and I want to say something about it. But since I only have a minute, here are what other people have said.

Suburbanoblivion gives good background and a good starting point for this.
VDog and the Little Man shows how upset mommy bloggers can get. Watch out, we're a sleep deprived, easily pricked group of people.
Mojo of a Mama is my favorite by far...(be warned there are pictures but man do they make a point!)

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller