Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Wondering

Everyone,

It's been 11 days since the boys got another cold. Today, I watch Professor crawl towards a toy, stop, rub his ear, go back to crawling, go back to ear rubbing, and finally get to the toy. He rubbed his ear all through lunch and dinner. He woke up from his nap screaming (but not touching his ear). His appetite is down. His nose is not always running. It seems like that might be clearing up. He has no fever and only the ear rubbing is stopping him. A trip to the doctor seems like a good idea, huh?

Pirate has major snot but I can always count on his nose to produce enough snot to lubricate a squeaky wheel. Too bad I don't have one of those! Anyone know how to stop the kid from shredding the tissue before you make it to their nose? Anyone?

Juice went painting again this morning (a friend of ours is trying to paint her house to put it on the market) so I had the kids by myself. The morning flew by and in no time it was time for Conference. (Our church has a world wide church conference every 6 months, first weekend in April, the first weekend in October.) I have to say that I missed most of the morning session because the MOUSE is back. Ooohhh...I hate that mouse. No luck in catching it either. Juice got home just in time for it to reappear and he crawled under the house, pulled out the oven and the washer/dryer, and checked for holes under the house. He even took the dog in there to see if she would point out where this mouse is coming from. No luck. There was no nest, no droppings, no holes, no nothing! We have all kinds of traps and are just not getting anything. I am at my wits end with this. Any suggestions?

Ack...I just realized that the boys party is a short 2 weeks away! Off to take care of plans!

Safire

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear they're sick, it so miserable when the kidlets are sick. I'd definitely get the ear checked out. I can't believe they'll be one in just a couple of weeks! Crazy how the time has flown by!

    I hope you catch the mouse soon! Blech! I wish I had more advice on how to catch them! It sounds like you've done everything, now just wait. I know my dad baits his traps with peanut butter and has been successful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again?! Can't either of us get a break?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the change in weather and all the snot it brings. :) Aidan ended up with an ear infection after his virus so it's possible. Hope it passes quickly. Have you thought about hiring an exterminator to come out and look? It may not be a bad idea if it's really bothering you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut butter on mouse traps -- they have to stay there to eat it and --BANG! Worked really well in my attic.
    Sorry the sickies are there again :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a cat you can have:-)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller