Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

QOTW: Daylight Savings

Everyone,

Happy Sunday! Happy Pi Day! Happy Birthday to my nephew Captain! He's now 2 years old.

It's a happy day here at our house.

And to go along with that happy day, is a question!



What are you tips/tricks for handling daylight savings time?

Honestly I think daylight savings time is stupid. I guess it's supposed to save us some energy or something? Either way, it's annoying to remember to change the clocks. I hate fall more because it's hard to go through the entire clock to go one hour back.

We don't do anything here to adjust. The kids still nap at their normal Sunday time (which is after church around 3pm) and we still have dinner at our normal time. I don't feel like I'm missing out on any sleep (except I was out late last night!) so I see no need to change at all.

I don't think the kids are having much a problem adjusting this time around either.

Safire

edited to add: The boys and I took a 3 hour nap after I wrote that. They are going to bed almost 2 hours late. So much for not needing any adjusting!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 PM

    Wow, that is exactly what happened here. Evie took a 3.5 hour nap (!!) and went to bed 2 hours late. Apparently kids are very in tune with their schedules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't so bad when my kids were little but once they got to school age and had to be in bed and up at certain times it was no fun. I think they ought to do away with the practice all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids didn't take a nap, and went to bed 2 hours late. We're hating it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like your house is out of sorts, too!! Why didn't we meet up in Baltimore, at Bloggy Boot Camp??

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller