Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Face Incidents

Everyone,

This spring has been a big one for face incidents. About 3 days ago, Butterfly was running down the sidewalk in front of our house. She was chasing the boys. She was going very fast. I saw her lean forward and then hit the sidewalk.

With her face.

Poor girl. She also scraped both knees, her elbow and the tip of her nose. She also scraped that skin between her nose and her lip really good. How did she get there?! There was a lot of blood. There was a lot of crying. Her wounds today look okay except her one knee. That one is looking rather oozy and gross. She said it looks like applesauce. I had to agree.

Last night I was at church for a meeting and Juice took the kids for a walk to the park. Everything was going fine. He was letting the kids take turns walking Soot the puppy. Well Soot decided to go one way and hit the end of the lead kind of hard. Professor was walking her at the time and just flew off his feet. Guess where he landed?

Yep, on his face.

Apparently there was A LOT of blood and Juice was wondering if he had to take him to the emergency room. He also had to get all 3 kids home in a rush to take care of Professor. He ran home and was helped out by one of our neighbors. Who carried a distraught Pirate. Butterfly now knows her address and she apparently told him it all the way to the house.

No serious injuries for Professor but he now has road rash across his face too. His forehead, his nose, his lips and chin are all scrapped up. He is NOT a happy camper. I don't blame him! If I had a horrible bloody nose and a traumatic face plant, I would not be happy either.

I don't know why but these kids always seem to face plant it in the spring. Why is that?

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller