Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

5 Months Old

Butterfly,

You were 5 months old yesterday! I can't believe how much time has flown by. You gave me a present by laughing hard at my silly faces and swarming you with kisses. You sit up by yourself for minutes at a time, and sometimes will flip onto your stomach. Of course, once you're there, you will put your face in the floor and scream. Such fun.

You love being outside. When you are being particularly cranky and nothing will calm you, standing in our open door will. Your eyes get wide and you stare at the sky, the trees, people walking down the street...anything. You are always quiet outside. Daddy is thrilled that we have another outdoorsy person in the family. I'm sure we'll have many camping trips in our future. And don't forget those fishing trips Grandpa promised you. I hope you always love outside as much as you do now. After all, your Momma spent 10 weeks in a tent once...good times and nosy squirrels.

You have blown through most of your clothes. I've given up putting anything less than 12 month old stuff on you because I can't get anything over your cute chunky thighs. So what if you sort of swim in the 12 month size. Be thankful your pants come to your ankles because that won't always be the case. The curse of having tall parents, I suppose. You are already 2 feet tall (27 inches) and weigh around 20 lbs. This number makes my arms hurt just thinking of hauling you around! But you're snugglable.

You love to bounce on the bed and you love Daddy swinging you through the air. You love your puppy and desperately want to put her fur in your mouth...much to the chagrin of the puppy. But Soot is a good girl and doesn't even try to get you to let go. She even chases your hand around with her licker which makes you squeak and burble. Soot will stop, cock her head at you, and then go back to licking. I hope you two will be good friends in years to come.

You cry really cute lately with your mouth squeezed shut. It comes out more of a mmmm sound than a cry. Of course, if we don't respond to the mmm then the big guns come out. We love you lots and can't wait to see what next month will bring!

Love,
Mommy

5 comments:

  1. She looks just like Jeff here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay---that is seriously one of the cutest baby pictures EVER!!! What a happy little girl you've got there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! You'd think they were related or something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I wasn't saving them but what a good idea! I wouldn't want Vanessa to miss out on this...must consider getting a CD burner...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Deanna! She's a sweety. :)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller