Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, January 02, 2006

2006


Everyone,

2005 was a year of change for us.
  • Butterfly's birth...big change!
  • Juice finished school
  • I quit my job
  • Soot became a little more mellow and not such a fireball

2006 promises to be another fun filled year!

  • Butterfly will turn one, and do all the things one year olds can do like talk, walk, feed herself, etc. Time really does fly when they are this little. They learn so much so fast.
  • Juice will graduate in May and be done with school for awhile. He may go on and get his doctorate in a few years, but we both need a break from studying.
  • We have 2, possibly 3 trips planned this year. Our trip to Utah in 2 days (no I haven't started packing), my family's trip to Hawaii in August (happy 5th anniversary to us!), and maybe a get together with my good friends Zuke and Tine and their baby Kaiden, and also Stacey and Ryan and their new baby Madie. Zuke, Stacey, and I were big time cronies in high school and we still like to keep in touch. Since we all now have kids, we want them to meet too! No ideas on where that trip will be other than North America.
  • I joined a local gym to get myself back into shape in time for Hawaii. Wish me luck.
  • Juice and I are going to try to eat more at the table as a family and not so much in the living room.
  • I would like to write in my paper journal more often. I really enjoy reading past journal entries and I hope to give them to my kids at one point. I'd like them to hear about their childhoods through me.
  • We want new doors and windows for our house. Something to save up for.

We are so happy and blessed to be here. And to have all the things that we have. I wouldn't have this year starting off any other way!

Safire

2 comments:

  1. Dang, I wish I'd read this before you left for Utah! It would have been fun to meet (assuming you had the time or desire... LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I'd LOVE to meet up! Sounds like I'm majorly busy this time around but I'll be there in August...maybe we could meet up then! We'll keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller