Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

8 months old, in review

Everyone,

Things have been a little crazy here. What with no dryer (still) and me trying to go work out 2 days a week, Butterfly's swimming class on Tuesdays, my regular mom's group on Fridays, and weekends with the fam...I feel swamped! I'm happy we're so busy though. My mom asked that I do an update on Baby Girl for her 8th month birthday. So here you go Mom!

Butterfly is now 23 lbs, and 29 inches long. She is rapidly growing out of her 12 month old clothes. In the past week I've cleaned out about half of the clothes that fit her just 2 weeks ago. I am frustrated with 18 month old clothes (next size up) because they all figure the child is walking. And that is something she is definitely not doing! It's hard to find things that fit right on her. I hate the in between stage.

We have been taking a swimming class at the local YMCA since the beginning of January. It is so much fun to see her in her little swimming suit and get her into the pool. It is the highlight of my week. She does not like it as much as I do. The first class we took she clung to me like I was sky diving instead of just swimming. She wouldn't play with any of the bath toys, smile at the teacher (this was big, she smiles at EVERYONE) or let go of my hair. She got a little more relaxed each time we went, but only the last 5 minutes or so. Last week, we were so early that I sat on the edge of the pool with her and helped her count how many laps people were doing, what the flags said, how many women were in the aerobics class, etc. By the time our class started and we got in the pool she was warmed up to the idea. And she splashed. And splashed. And splashed. She loved the rubber duckies, did little frog kicks and was trying to get me to let go by the end of the class. So cute it makes my eyes water to think of it. ;)

We are starting to get her really into solid foods. It's a slow process. She eats a little bit of whatever we're having at lunch and dinner, plus her own food at dinner. So far she is okay with squashes...butternut being her favorite. She also likes refried beans, any kind of meat, bread, and goes crazy for drinks. She loves to drink out of our cups and I think she has learned how to use a sippy cup. We have to feed her first otherwise all she will do is drink. She also loves to get food all over herself and me. I wonder how much of it she is eating. Today I started giving her cherrios and she loves them. She also loves popcorn. She is her mother's daughter, after all.

Yesterday morning she woke up a little under the weather and today, she has a nasty barking cough. Poor thing. She also has a fever. And I know right where she got it too. On Friday morning, we went over to my friend's house in the ward to talk about Enrichment...since I'm on the committee. Well her kids have all been sick with this icky barking cough. And she played with Andrew's toys (born 8 days after her...same day as Jacob!) who has been recently sick. Voila, instant sickness. I guess not everyone is as committed to the joys of wiping down baby toys with clorox wipes as I am. Next time she can play with her own toys.

Can you believe that she is almost as old on the outside as she was on the inside?

Until next time,
Safire and Butterfly

2 comments:

  1. Makes my eyes water too!

    Looks like they fixed the internet connection for you as well. That will make Jeff happy. ;-)

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller