Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Visitors

Everyone,

Right now 2 of my most avid readers are landing in one of our local airports to see their granddaughter. Oh, and me and Juice of course. And maybe even Soot. But really they are here to see our big one-year-old. My dad has been telling me for weeks that he CAN NOT WAIT to see her. And all she is going to do is cry and cling to me. Ah well, c'est la vie. They will be here until the 21st, when we are visited by the other set of grandparents. They will be here for a week as well. They at least want to come because Juice is graduating from college. Yes, internet, he is donning the cap and gown and we are all sitting through commencement. With a baby. Outside. On the National Mall. Lucky us. ;)

No really, I am very excited about all of our visitors and Juice's graduation. I just wish that Butterfly would be a better sleeper. That and I wish I had taken more time through out the months to clean my kitchen floor. I just spent at least an hour on my hands and knees scrubbing. I sent Juice, Butterfly, and Soot to the park to be out of my hair. And now, I'm enjoying my house to myself. That is a rarity.

Sorry if this is out of joint but I'm just not in the writing mood. Or I'm in a writing funk, not sure. Oh, and if you're wondering about Butterfly's first year slide show, it's not done. I will keep adding stuff to it until her big birthday celebration next week, and then it will be done. I'll re-post the link then and you can cry some more. :) I know I do every time I watch it. Is she really a year old?

Today I went to my old work's baby party. In case you've forgotten (and I know you have) every year my old company has a big mother's day party for all the people who succeeded in getting pregnant with them. It was really fun to see everyone, and have everyone see Butterfly. She got a giraffe, a butterfly balloon, and we got our family picture taken. Honestly it was a lot of fun this year. They had a hand writing analysis for the older kids and also face painting. Butterfly had a great time chasing balloons around and bulldozing other kids. I swear she has no fear sometimes. I met another LDS couple there (amazing) and we just ate and talked. Very fun.

I may not be posting as much because of my visitors, or I may have so much free time that you'll here from me every day. Who knows.

Safire

1 comment:

  1. I happened upon your blog today and wanted to let you know you have a beautiful baby girl. My son just turned a year old as well. It is such a wonderful age!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller