Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Another Tuesday gone by...

Everyone,

I have tried very hard to post on days other than Tuesday but since Butterfly swims on Tuesday and SLEEPS when we get home, Tuesday is the day to post.

Juice and I are planning new doors and windows on our house for our big home improvement project this year. Our windows are scheduled to be put in in March, and we're going to the Home D*pot for our door. I have one door I desperately want. Of course, it's not steel (fiberglass is just as good!) and the HD does not carry it. So I went to the manufactures site to see if I could order it especial. No deal. They only go through the HD and if the HD doesn't stock it, they won't sell it. Bummer. I suppose it's a good thing since if I were to get this door, I may have to take it with me when we move from this house. Instead, I will be getting something like this as opposed to this. Also, storm door or no storm door? Juice and I are sitting on the fence for this one. Any thoughts?

Butterfly is being very cute lately, and also kind of a pain. I angered the nap gods last time by saying she sleeps so well. That went out the window. We had a couple of nights staying up until 1am, 2am and then getting up at 6am. *YAWN* Looking back at our horrible sleeping for the past 2 weeks or so, I think I may have found a solution. We need to stop getting teeth in such a horrible way. She now has 5 teeth, her top right incisor showing up. The one next to the front tooth. (Or for you dentists out there in case Mike ever reads this...her #10 tooth.) This reminds me that Juice and I have our semi-annual cleaning coming up. Gotta remember that.

We're high into Birthday season. It starts with my Dad on Feb 24 (Happy B-day Dad!) and will end with Juice on March 31st. Also included in there is Andrew, Soot, and my Mom. I used to love March growing up because we always went out to eat for birthdays and between 3 March birthdays, we went out like every other weekend. It was great! But now being so far away from them it's not as fun (for me). One birthday I'm looking forward to is Butterfly's first. I can't believe that she is almost a year old. We will have a low key celebration with just the family that day...maybe a trip to our favorite hamburger joint since this is where we went the night before she was born. We will probably give her a cupcake and call it good. About 2 weeks later is Juice's graduation and my parents and his parents are coming out for the celebration. We will have a big hoopla then for her and for Juice.

We had a break through with solid foods last night. She has always taken one or 2 bites and then turned up her nose at anything else we offered her. I made apple sauce (yes, I make my own baby food...so much more cost effective since I can make 2 weeks of food for 3 or 4 dollars and a jar of baby food costs about 2 dollars for one, maybe two feedings. You do the math.). Anyway, I have frozen cubes of applesauce and I gave one to her frozen. It was so cute the faces she made! Once I defrosted it a bit (only a little bit, it was still cold) she went through the whole cube like it was nothing. And was asking for more. Yes! Feed the child! So we broke out some butternut squash and she went through that cube too. It's a nice feeling when I know she is full. :)

She is crawling all over the place and can I say that the baby gates I ordered can not get here fast enough. I'm about to go bonkers if I have to steer her away from the dog food or the dog door one more time.

Until next time,
Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller