Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Peak Season

Everyone,

The cherry blossoms are out in peak right now. You can go here for a live webcam of the tidal basin. Juice and I braved the crowds this weekend and went. They are stunning. If you ever get a chance to come and see them, do! We went down early Saturday morning and missed probably the biggest rush in the mid-morning. There were crowds, but we found a little grove just behind the Jefferson Memorial and spend most of our morning there. We sat under the trees, listened to the birds (and the traffic, can't get away from traffic here in DC), and enjoyed the blue sky. It was very relaxing.

I must admit I am loving living in the DC area. I love all of the stuff that is continually going on. I just hate the traffic. But I suppose that is a big complaint from anyone who lives in a major city. With our pending move out of here, it seems like I like the area more and more. I'm excited to see Annapolis next weekend.

I hope you enjoy the pictures!



Safire, Juice and Butterfly

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:03 PM

    No kidding! I second what Andrew said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd second what they said, only I'm late on everything and already read your clarification. Go me!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller