Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, August 04, 2006

1826 Days

Everyone,

Juice and I have been married for 1826 days (5 years for those of you who don't want to do the math).

Juice says: "Yay us!"

Honestly I can't believe it's been 5 years. It seems like 2, maybe 3. This week also marks our anniversary of moving to the east coast. We have now been out here 3 years.

Marriage is fun. I recommend it. I love having someone I can tell EVERYTHING to, and who tells me everything in return (except for his work stuff since he has some sort of clearance and couldn't tell me if he wanted to). I love having someone who loves Butterfly as much as I do, and who randomly blurts out, "She is SOOOO cute!" as many times as I do. I love being so close to someone, and knowing that we will be this close forever. I also love finding out new things about him. I wondered when I was younger if I would ever get tired of the person I would marry. I never have. And I hope I never will.

Okay, enough with the sap. On to the presents! I got Juice a new white short sleeved shirt for church (so he can give away his old one...it is too small!), a new tie, and the soldering tool that you see on TV all the time, plus wire cutters/strippers. He teased me all morning that I got him a stripper for our anniversary. Ha ha.

My parents gave us another set of silverware. Yay! We really needed that, and it's convenient that the anniversary gift table states that this is a silverware year. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Juice's present was a big surprise, but a welcome one! I am now the proud owner of a sewing machine. I have been saying, "I could do that if I had a sewing machine" or "That doesn't look too hard to make. Too bad I don't have a sewing machine" for ages. I am so looking forward to using it! Now I have to remember how...

Butterfly's present to us was being a very easy baby today, and being cute and smiley when we went out to dinner.

It's been a great day.

Love,
Safire and Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller