Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We're off!

Everyone,

Well, almost off. Hawaii is in 2 days, and we are packing up what seems like the whole house. I never knew how much stuff you would need on a 16 day trip with a toddler. I have to borrow a suitcase from a friend just so we can get all of the toys there and back. It's pathetic. Then I think, oh, I'll just leave some of these toys behind and I hyperventalate at the thought of 11 hour on a plane with a 15 month old and no toys. So I borrow the suitcase and hope that the airline/cruiseline/family don't hate me for how much stuff I'm bringing along. I've decided that I intend to use skycap at the airport. Seriously, I don't think we can haul Butterfly, her stroller, car seat, my bag, her bag, the toy bag and Juice's bag to the front desk. Not to mention the diaper bag, Juice's carry on and I'm sure a million other little things. I don't remember...does sky cap cost? At least my family will be there to help haul everything to the hotel. Hopefully luggage for 7 of us will fit in the rental car!!

I also have a million and one things to do at home. Things like call the shuttle and confirm that they are coming to get us before the sun rises on Thursday. I'd like to clean the house a little, so that it's not a complete wreck when Juice comes back. I need to do the laundry, and the sheets (which for some reason always takes me forever). I need to finish putting stuff on my brand new ipod. (okay, I don't NEED to finish that...I'd like to.) Soot needs a good outing before going into the kennel on Wednesday. Oh, and I need to look out her vaccination reports. I need to run to the bank. I need to make sure we have no milk left in the fridge. I could go on and on.

So instead of boring you, here's a great picture of Juice and Butterfly. I think Juice is a little excited to go to the ren faire this year. What do you think?

Oh! And I am now one of the best blogs on the web, according to this sight here. Interesting!

Until next time (check back in 3 weeks!),
Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller