Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Grandpa Visits!


Everyone,

This passed weekend my Dad was here to visit. Really, he was here because of work but we all know that he truly came to see us. Specifically Butterfly. She's so cute, who wouldn't want to see her?! :)

Anyway, we got to visit Grandpa at his hotel, push the elevator buttons, have Brie cheese (yes, this child has wild taste buds!) and go swimming. Grandpa then came to stay with us for a few days and taught us how to enjoy milk or water or whatever else we're drinking. "Cheers! *drink*lip smack* Ahhhhh!" We also went swimming at our ward's pool and had a BBQ where we ate watermelon for the first time. Yum yum! We then proceeded to play in the giant sandbox covered in watermelon juices. You guess how well that came out. Grandpa helped clean off Butterfly, watched her while Juice and I had an actual date, and came to church with us on Sunday. Monday, Grandpa helped me pick out a new iPod (it's beautiful! and no, I haven't used it yet...you try setting up a very expensive and small piece of shiny-ness with a toddler.) and some new toys for the cruise.

What cruise you ask? I suppose it's time I said. Next Thursday, we fly first class to Utah to pick up my family, and then fly first class to Oahu, Hawaii for 10 wonderful days in paradise. Including a 7 day cruise around the islands. We then send Juice home (for work, poor guy) and Butterfly and I spend about 5 days in Utah visiting new babies. Because there are a lot! I am SO excited.

I'm also fairly nervous about flying 11+ hours with a toddler. I am nervous about the deck of the cruise ship and my toddler. And the time change should be interesting. But I'm excited about swimming with dolphins, spending a day at the beach and going to a luau. Oh, and spending some quality time with my family! This trip has been in the works since Juice and I got engaged, almost 6 years ago. It has changed destinations (first New Zealand, then Japan, then Europe, then Alaska and now Hawaii) and we've added 2 more people since we first started talking about it (Angela, my sister-in-law, and Butterfly). Should be fun!

Until next time,
Safire

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:44 PM

    can't wait to see you! Maybe you can let me in on your secrets of surviving through the day with a fussy newborn.

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller