Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, September 19, 2005

Sooo...now what?

Everyone,

Miracle of miracles, Butterfly is asleep. By herself. In her own crib. Amazing! I've been working hard at night to make sure that she can sleep in her pack 'n play. She used to sleep with us, and only sleep with us. That's fine and dandy, I actually liked having her in bed with us. But winter is coming and I worry that our nice big down comforter would be too much for her. That and it's nicer not to worry about rolling on her. So, I've been getting up 2 and 3 times a night to sooth her back to sleep in her own bed. So when she fell asleep in my arms this afternoon, I thought I'd try putting her to sleep in her crib. She opened her eyes when I put her down, smiled sweetly at me and then just went to sleep. Ahhh...

However, I'm now at kind of a loss as to what to do. I could have over an hour of free time. What do I do? It amazes me how much Butterfly takes over my life. We do pretty much everything together. She has also started to scream (and not just cry, scream) when I leave the room without her. So we go everywhere together, and usually we nap together in the afternoon. But today I'm not tired enough to sleep and TV is boring me.

Things I could be doing:

  • the dishes (who wants to do those though?)
  • the laundry
  • general straightening of our house
  • cleaning the bathroom
  • showering

The last one is actually what I'd really like to be doing but I hate to get in and have Butterfly wake up and cry while I'm in there. But I suppose she is well and truly asleep...I might risk it.

And then I may start on the other things on my list but maybe not. I'm just excited at the prospect of a clean self!

Until next time,

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller