Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Butterfly is 4 months old

Everyone,

Time is just flying. Butterfly is now 4 months old. She weighs 17 lbs, 12.5 oz (almost 18 lbs!) and is 26.5 inches long. She can roll over but doesn't do it very much. She would rather sit up (with a little help). She's starting to find her feet more and more and really loves to grab things and put them in her mouth.

This morning she happened to grab the puppy's tongue as it was licking her hand. Normally I try to stop any puppy kisses to the baby's hands but I couldn't stop this one. Poor Soot just looked at me as Butterfly had her tongue. Of course, good girl Soot didn't move...so I'm feeling very happy that our dog is tolerant of what Butterfly is doing now. Hopefully that feeling of tolerance will continue as Butterfly gets older.

Butterfly is also starting to test out her voice and will squeal at the top of her lungs during play. Cute, but startling. Who knew babies could make that kind of noise! Apparently I was a squealer too so I guess it comes naturally. Butterfly's other thing that she likes to do is blow raspberries. She will do that more than any other sound. It's very cute. Although I don't really appreciate it when she just spit up and stuff flies everywhere. Ew!

She is also starting to laugh, which is adorable. We try very hard to get her to do it every day, and Juice is better at it than I am. What amazed me was her cousins when we went to Utah. Sherrie and Heather had her going. I got a little bit of it on film...just so so cute! http://www.jusspress.com/day.php?userid=8523¤tDate=20050902&currentTime=195304

Thankfully, no more spider incidents. And we have Butterfly's Halloween costume (thank you Mom!). More details to come.

Until next time,
Safire, Juice, Butterfly and Soot

PS- Juice started school last week. This is his last class and he'll graduate with a master's in aerospace engineering from George Washington University (www.gwu.edu). Only 14 more class periods, darling. Then you're done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller