Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Today sucks.

Everyone,

We have entered into the month of suckiness, or non-suckiness should I say. I am weaning Butterfly. I totally hate it. She screamed for HOURS this morning. The only time she wasn't miserable was when we went for a walk in the rain (no shoes but at least a coat!). I was pretty miserable getting wet though. I hope this gets easier. A friend in my mom's group says that her little girl has been weaned for 6 weeks and still asks for it. Ugh...

I can't figure out why my blog has suddenly changed and you have to scroll all the way down to see the posts. I have not changed a thing. Stupid computer stuff!

In other news, we got maybe an inch of rain with Ernesto. No biggie.

Yesterday we went to our good friends' house for a Labor Day bbq. It was nice, quiet and Butterfly had as much room to run around as she could walk. Also cats to harass, and frizbees to chase. The dog loved it for those reasons too!

Also yesterday, we went to a dairy and helped feed the baby calves. SO CUTE! One was licking Butterfly's leg and she was in gales of laughter. We are thinking of having our milk delivered to us through the dairy. We bought a bottle while we were there and Butterfly drank about half of it, when it's a struggle to get her to drink milk at all. The cost is the same. So we may soon be eating farm fresh goodness like milk, eggs, chicken, beef, pork, fresh ice cream, butter, cream cheese, etc. I'll let you know how it goes.

We also got a new computer desk for our downstairs computer. I think Juice finally got fed up with the tin can approach. I don't know if I have any pictures of the old one. I'll have to see.

I have finally gone through all of the Hawaii pictures so be on the look out for a post about it soon.

Until next time,
Safire

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your having trouble weaning V . . . I hope it gets easier. I know I'm dreading weaning M. I think I'm gonna try the not offer, but not refuse method and hopefully that will work for us. Just remember it will get better and then this will all be a distant memory. Sending lots of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller