Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, July 18, 2008

3 Month Update

Everyone,

The boys are 3 months old today. Can you believe it? Time has flown. Probably because I get very little sleep and things just kind of run together. Anyway, here is an update on each boy.

Pirate is my chunky monkey. He weighs in at 13 lbs even and is 24 inches by my measuring tape. His head is just shy of 16 inches. He is serious about eating and will eat at great lengths and with gusto. He also would probably sleep through the night if I would let him. Yes, I wake him up to eat. I only do this because I'm up feeding Professor and I may as well feed Pirate too since I'm already awake. He is also the great diaper escaper and is the one that leaks out all over me (3 times today!). He loves to smile and will smile and giggle at anyone who is talking to him. (Makes Butterfly's day.) If you tap him gently on the mouth, he will break into a huge Muppet smile (you know, where the mouth opens and the head flings back) and laugh. An endless source of entertainment for me and Juice. He also thinks it's pretty funny when you wipe his mouth off. He has rolled over once about a week ago from front to back. And he has the sweetest smile that really comes out in his eyes. What a cute boy he is!

Professor is one sweet kid. He is a little more high strung that Pirate and is, as always, the louder of the two. He wakes up every day around 6 am, happy as a lark and singing like one too. He is full of cute baby sighs, grunts, ahhhs and ohhhs. He talks talks talks all the day long. He also has a dimple in his left cheek that makes his face cute and sweet and oh so kissable. Yesterday he was crying next to me while I was nursing his brother and he reached up, grabbed Pirate's hand and hung onto it for dear life. He calmed right down and fell asleep holding hands. So cute. I think his eyes are going to stay blue because they are bright bright blue. He is 24 inches and 12 lbs, 5 oz. His head is just shy of 16 inches as well. He is rolling back to front more and more. Today he did it twice to sleep on his belly. I can't wait until he does it every time because this kid has some serious startle reflexes. He sleeps best with us in bed, specifically with me curled around him. He is the reason I get very little sleep.

As twins, they are fairly easy going babies. I'm amazed at how much work they are together. There are a lot of diapers (at least 6 per kid per day...about 84 diapers a week) and a lot of feeding time. My butt goes to sleep on a regular basis and I eat tons to keep up with them. I have been reading other twin blogs and something stood out for me. Her twins were sleeping awful and so she read a book (something about healthy sleep, happy child) and it said to put the kids to bed early early. So she started putting her twins to bed around 6pm and treating any other waking after that as night waking. So I did it. And boy does it work! They sleep between 12-14 hours now. Going to sleep around 6-7pm and sleeping until 8-9pm. They are also having some regular naps 2 hours after they wake, and every 2 hours after they wake no matter what. It works for us and they are happier since I started it.

Juice wants to interject that they are cute. That's all.

Butterfly as a big sister is doing well. She is in panties pretty much full time at home but she is asking for diapers on a daily basis. I am not giving in. She treats the babies okay...pats them and likes to hold them for about .5 seconds. She also asks me to put them down on a regular basis or she says things like "There goes Professor." When he starts to cry. It's very cute. She is liking them more and more since they started smiling at her and watching her like an adoring fan base.


Safire

7 comments:

  1. That picture of the 2 boys together is priceless! I love the story of Pirate calming down and falling asleep holding Professor's hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are soooo cute. I can't believe how fast they are growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to throw my 2 cents in there on that BOOK! Anie gave that book to me and told me to do the SAME thing with 6pm bed time and Lexi IT DOES WORK!!! It worked with Madi too! It was the BEST idea ever (thanks Anie if you read this)! and Yeah I think it prepares them to start sleeping through the night with out eating too! Your boys are so cute! they do look like little babies to me finally! Not just teeny little new borns! So cute! Glad theyre growing and eating and all thats going good for you!!!! YEY!!!! Cant believe its been 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, where has the time gone? I can't believe they are rolling over already. They are so cute. I'm so glad things are going well. Someday you'll get to sleep again, you poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like they are doing amazingly well -- good job momma and daddy! What cute pictures and hope the sleeping routine pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look so cute! Can't believe it has been 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they have grown so much. It has been fun to keep getting the updates on them and all the fun activities that you do! You are a great mom and I am soooo excited to see you guys! I have already marked the calander for the BBQ at Nana's. Let me know what you need while you're down. I told your mom you could borrow and extra bouncer or baby whatever if you need it. Let me know. They are darling and have such a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller