Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, December 05, 2005

So. Tired.

Everyone,

Please, someone take Butterfly out of her misery. Poor thing is teething. Again. Last time she got teeth (around Halloween) she was up for 2 or 3 nights in a row crying every hour on the hour and we got no sleep. But then the teeth showed up and she slept through the night for a week! Ahhh...sleep. She got 2 cute bottom teeth out of the deal and we got a break from the sleepless nights.

Now, her top teeth are coming in. She has not been sleeping for days (make that 4 and counting) and I'm ready to pull my ears off by about 3 am. There is only so much crying I can take. The past couple of nights we have regressed to her sleeping in bed with us because then she will sleep for 2, maybe 3 hours at a time. And I'm willing to take those 2 or 3 hours for myself.

Of course, her sleeping in bed with us means that I'm huddled on one side of the bed, Juice is huddled on his side and Baby Girl is lengthwise spread eagle in the middle. Hey, at least she's sleeping, right? Right?!

Her top right tooth broke through last night. I was so excited and hoping that I might get the few nights of sleeping through the night like we got last time. No such luck. I guess we have to wait till the top left one comes through. It better not take more than a few more days or I will go insane. (and break down big sobbing tears for MY mommy)

Pray for us,
Safire and Juice

PS- The dog seems to be the only one who sleeps. If I lock myself up in a cage at night, can I get some sleep too?

3 comments:

  1. So sorry, hon! I hope the crying-fest is over soon, so everyone can get some much-needed rest. Hope little Vanessa is feeling better soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweets!

    It will get better soon and you will see your Mommy shortly. We pray every day for you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:23 PM

    I'm in the same boat. Kaiden started sleeping through the night and i was jumping for joy well i can't jump to high because it did not last he started waking up every 2-3 hours and sometimes he will not go back to sleep. I have to put him in his swing and pray he will sleep tell i have to get up for work.
    TINE

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller