Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Oh that's just me, hacking lung out.

Everyone,

Butterfly and I have been sick sick sick for about a week. I first noticed how cold I was last week after swimming. And by the end of the day, I was a puddled mess of fever, cough and general grumpiness. Wednesday was bad...I had Juice stay home from work because I seriously couldn't get out of bed. Temp climbed to 102. Thursday, Juice stayed home voluntarily because I was so sick. Temp climbed to 104.5. Ouch. That day Butterfly started to act a little cranky and I knew it was only a matter of time before we were both sick. And boy did she get it. Her fevers weren't as bad as mine, but the stuff coming out of her nose was a lot more disgusting! She will throw herself back and start to scream if she sees a tissue come out of it's box. Even if it's going to my nose and not hers she flips out. Poor thing. She is also not sleeping well. She woke up one morning to her nose crusted over. I had to get a washcloth and hold it there to break up the snot so she could breath out of her nose. Let's just say I've seen more snot this week to paint my walls with it. Gross.

Yesterday we got new windows in the house. The biggest difference so far has been how quiet it is. I never knew how thin our windows were. So far, so good. Pictures to come but the office is a wreck (had to move everything 2 feet away from the walls) and I don't want to find the camera.

Also, my family is in Disneyland without me for the second year in a row. Shoulda gone...

Safire

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:42 PM

    how is it that children can be so little and have so much snot stored up? Looks like I'm in for it.

    Guess what? I'm having a girl too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller