Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Why? Why?

Everyone,

I was feeling ambitious and signed myself up for a spin class at the YMCA. I've only been twice because of the creeping sickness in the house. Today was my second time and I ask myself, why? Why do I insist on sitting on a really uncomfortable bike (horse saddles are much better) and pumping my legs going no where? I never liked exercising inside. Those stationary bikes just seem pointless to me. BUT, on the other hand, I went 10 miles today and my legs are killing me. And we went to a party for my mom's group on Saturday and one of the ladies that I see pretty regularly said that I looked thinner. Yay! That right there is the biggest reason to keep me going to the psycho spin class. Even if it is at 6am and Butterfly got up at 4am today. Ugh...

Another good thing about the class is that it gets me out of the house by myself for an hour. I think today was the first time I realized how attached Butterfly is to me. She was crying/whining when I came home. Juice was doing his stone cold "I'm annoyed" look. As I picked her up, she calmed right down and was calm as could be. Juice huffed a little, and went back to bed. Poor guy. Had to be up with the baby at 6:30 instead of 4am. Boo hoo.

Don't get me wrong, Butterfly loves her Daddy. When she is sick, she wants nothing to do with me. Only Daddy will do. And Juice gets the biggest laughs out of her. She loves to rough house with him more, and can't get into his arms fast enough when he comes home from work. I guess she is just used to me in the morning and Juice at night.

In other good news, I finished my scrapbook for the 2004/2005 year. It's almost 100 pages long (92 to be exact). Did I really have the time to do all of that?! I am not starting on the 2005/2006 book until I catch up with Butterfly's baby book. So far I have the baby showers, the sonograms and 2 pages of her birth in there. At least 10 more months to go. My goal is to get it caught up by the time her 1st birthday rolls around. When we have our big birthday/graduation celebration in May I want people to be able to look through the book. Only 2 more months to finish it. Wish me luck.

Juice got a congratulatory letter from his school notifying him on meeting all of his requirements to graduate. Way to go Juice! Now only commencement in May and we are finished with school for awhile. Yay!

We are almost done with our annual house fix up of the spring. New windows, check. Clean air vents, on Wednesday. New door, they come to measure on April 11th. I'm looking forward to not having to have strange people in our house weekly. This is probably the last big improvement we will do on our house now until we move. (We're not moving for a few years...)

Until next time,
Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller