Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Home Improvements

Everyone,

It seems like every time I sit down to write an entry, either Blogger or Butterfly conspire against me and it doesn't get done. I've got 3 or 4 entries in my head...Frequent updates ahead.

The oldest update is our home improvement projects. As you all know, we got new windows in March and our front door was long in coming. Big saga, the Big Orange Home Improvement Store sent the paperwork to the contractors, the contractors sent it back because it wasn't right, HD sent it back, contractors never got it, HD sent it again, again contractors never got it...it goes on and on. Needless to say, Juice spent 2 hours on the phone with a supervisor from each place trying to get it sorted out. We will never have HD put something in our house again. My friend Laura had similar woes with them and a door. NEVER AGAIN.

But it sure does look pretty!


The other home improvement is a new toilet. This is a big thing because our HOA paid for it, sent someone to install it and fix all of our leaks. Our HOA actually pays our water bill so I suppose it's in their best interest to keep things up to date. And this toilet needed to be replaced. It was the original commode (house was built in the early 1970s) and plastic. And rusty. I'm very happy about the new porcelain one. :) And they put in a new shower head for us which is really nice too! Ahh...new things.

16 more days till we leave for Hawaii!

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller