Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Butterfly at 14 Months


4 of July 06 028
Originally uploaded by safirecat23.
Everyone,

Butterfly turned 14 months old yesterday. She is such a busy girl! She has decided that walking is great, and she must walk everywhere. Too bad she doesn't quiet have the walking thing down yet. She can take a few steps, fall down, get back up, take a few steps...you get the picture. It is completely adorable to see her trying to stand up with her cute little tushy waving in the air. When we go on our nightly walk with Soot, she absolutly must get out and wander around the field while we throw balls for Soot. And she must push her stroller when we are not throwing balls for Soot. And she must go down the slide at the park at least 100 times. She is a child of "MUST" lately.

She throws huge temper tantrums, flinging herself to the ground and sobbing like her heart is broken. She does these mostly if we are at the park and I don't want to climb through the incredibly small hole designed just for kids with her. Or if she is talking on the phone to the operator (because she now picks up the phone, hits the talk button and starts to dial) and I take the phone away from her. Or if I am on the computer and she wants books to be read. Mostly I ignore the tantrum but those tears are so big and sad! I wish I could give her everything but I don't want a little Empress on my hands. (So maybe I already do...don't pop my bubble.)

She eats everything and anything we give her. Lemon slices in our water at resturants, spicy nachoes, apple sauce, cheese, you name it, she eats it. Makes me wonder if she has taste buds sometimes because she eats stuff I won't touch. Juice thinks it's great she loves spicy. Her favorites are guacamole, black beans, honey dew melon, sugar free popcicles, chicken, cheese, and banannas. Basically she will eat anything that I am eating, and will eat A LOT. She can eat half a box of macaroni and cheese herself. For lunch today she had a yougert, half a chicken breast, a piece of string cheese, 3/4 of a plum, and 2 handfuls of cherrios. She has a serious empty leg problem. :) She besides breakfast, lunch, and dinner, she gets 2 snacks a day (mid morning and mid afternoon), and she is still nursing around 4 times a day.

Speaking of the nursing, I am making a serious push to wean her. I have dropped out 2 of her nursing sessions in the last 2 weeks, and replaced them with snacks or trips outside. I wonder if she nurses because she is bored, and not because she is hungry. Either way, it's on the way out and she is fighting it. Which is why we're still at 4 times a day...I'd like it to be around 2.

She is also talking up a storm, and will say Soot, duck, book, Mama, Dada, dog, woof woof, done, yes, no, up, ball and I believe she has said her first sentance. I have a book I read her every night that has pictures from Greg Olsen and talks about being a child of God. She was flipping through the pages fast so all I could get in was "I am a child of God" about 10 times. We finished the book, she looked up at me and said "I chil f God." No joke people. It was the sweetest thing. (And if you want to know, this is her favorite picture in the book.)

She is busy, messy, loud, fun, giggle, happy, and determined. She is just so darn cute!!!

Safire

3 comments:

  1. LOL.....that look on her face is Classic! She knows she could rule the world if you'd only let her. Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that photo of her . . .

    Those eyes look familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna- What are you talking about? She does rule the world! ;)

    Zuke- Gee, I dunno. Have you seen those eyes before?

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller