Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

A busy 2 weeks!

Everyone,

Now that my company has all gone, and I've spent a few days recovering and not sleeping (another tooth...sigh...) I thought I'd update you on all of the fun we had with the grandparents.

My parents came just in time for Mother's Day and we were able to have a nice week. We drove to Gettysburg, which is about an hour away from here. We went in the day time because last time we were in Gettysburg, it was too dark to do the driving tour. Very cool place. TONS of monuments. But we got a few cute pictures.


We also went to Butterfly's year old appointment with her doctor. She's back down into the 97% for both height and weight. She also got 3 shots, one in each arm and one in her leg. And boy did she not like that. Plus she was a bear the next day, had a little fever and we were all generally miserable.

We were able to go to Annapolis as well, where Butterfly was determined to crawl out into the street. There is so much to see in the DC area that I haven't been able to go to the same things twice so it was neat to have been to Annapolis and know my way around. The only sucky thing about it was the free shuttle. If you're ever going to Annapolis and are thinking of taking the free Navy Blue shuttle, don't. Save yourself a lot of waiting and just park downtown. We also had lunch at a really great Irish Pub where we had things like bangers and mash, fish and chips, and a really great bread pudding. I highly recommend it!

We also got Butterfly's year old pictures done. They turned out beautifully and we got a really great deal on them too.

And then there was the big birthday party. I won't go into details here because I'd like that to be a separate entry. Also, Juice's graduation. Separate entry.

My parents left, and Juice's parents came to stay. We were able to go to the zoo with them. I really like our Zoo here. I feel like they have a good amount of animals, and that they allow enough room for them. This trip to the zoo brought out a new word in Butterfly: bird.

We were also able to go to the bureau of Engraving and Printing. Did you know that they actually print the paper money here in DC? I didn't! It was very cool. We got to go up the elevator and look at the workers from a gallery. The whole time we were there I was wondering what it must be like to work on display like that all the time. They walked us through the step by steps of printing money, let us smell the ink, and then ended up in the gift shop. I bought Vanessa a huge penny and a huge nickel because she really needed something to distract her on the ride home. She also fell asleep in the wierdest position; she was twisted around in her stroller trying to get me and one arm is way up. Very cute. I would post a picture but apparently I've hit a picture quota.

Now I'm just working on the thank you cards!

Safire

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:04 PM

    Vanessa's video is soooo adorable! Very nice job. That second song was cheating, though, nearly made me cry! Rachel loved it too - she kept saying, 'Oh! Vanessa's an ANGEL!!' over and over again :)

    love ya'll

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller