Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Post Catch Up

Everyone,

I hate to mention it but Butterfly is napping. Alone. And has been for an hour. And she slept for 2 and a half hours this morning. Alone. This is big people. I have actually had time to do some basic stuff, like brush my teeth. Change out of my pjs. Send off almost 300 pictures to friends and family. You know, the important stuff. :)

So, since Baby Girl is sleeping hopefully peacefully, I thought I'd catch up on some important posts I've been promising you. (I almost typed y'all...I think I've lived in the south long enough!)

Butterfly First Birthday Party

Butterfly's first birthday party was a hit! Of course, on her actual birthday we gave her some cake and sang to her. But we waited to invite everyone over to celebrate with us until the grandparents were here. And boy did we celebrate! I had gotten 2 6 feet subs from Subway and we only ate one and a quarter. (Left over Subway was delish...ate it for a week!) Everyone was full, the food was excellent, and Butterfly put on a great show! She also fed most of her birthday cake to the dog who gobbled it up like it was manna from heaven. She then proceeded to run like a dog on speed for an hour or so after. Note to self: NEVER give Soot sugar AGAIN. Although it wasn't too bad because she had a bunch of Butterfly's second cousins to run around with. And there was frosting all over the house for weeks. On the walls, in Butterfly's room, on my pillow case. We even had the party outside. It's over a month past and I am still finding frosting in weird places. Like in the hall closet shelf...what the?!



Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing


She also got a bunch of really great presents. She desperately needed some new toys which very kind people gave her. And Nana and Grandpa gave her a big slide which she loves. She also got a few new clothes which is good too. Everyone was so generous. Thanks! I hope everyone had a great time. I know I did!

Juice's Graduation

The day after we had Butterfly's party was Juice's graduation. We had to be downtown DC by 8:30am. Ugh...which meant we had to leave our house by like 7am. It was a very busy morning for us. We met up with Juice's parents, and dropped Juice off at his spot. We then proceeded to sit in the sun for about 2 hours before they started things up. Butterfly did a lot of crawling around, a lot of nursing and a lot of walking. But I suppose it was okay because when the ceremony did finally start, she fell asleep. I was able to watch all of President and Barbara Bush (the first Bush, not the current Bush) talk and that was good. They said some nice things, which I don't remember anymore. I do remember that they were trying to be funny and it came off as practiced. But, a nice ceremony. I really liked seeing Juice all dressed up in his cap and gown. So handsome! I would show you a picture but frankly, blogger isn't letting me post them. So maybe in a few days.

I better go check on Butterfly. Maybe she'll still be asleep!

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller