Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Butterfly 2 year old stats

Everyone,

Our big girl is getting bigger by leaps and bounds! We went to the doctor the other day and got her official 2 year old stats. She is 32 lbs (about the 110%) and 37 inches long (135th%). She still has a nice small head of 19 inches around which is only in the 90th%. She is seriously as big as a 3 year old. They measured her 4 times at the doctor's office because they didn't think it was right. And when the doctor came in, she told her where to sit, where she was going to sit and where I was sitting. The doctor looked at me and said, "She's bright. Do you read chapter books to her? She might like them." I nearly fell off the floor. Chapter books?! I know I like them but she just barely turned 2. I haven't tried any with her yet but I'm interested to see if she would like them. She has about 15 of her books memorized (so do I) and will read them out loud to herself. So maybe...

This is Butterfly and her new bike we got her for her birthday. Okay, I bought it at Christmas time because I got it on a huge sale (normally over $120, I got it for around $60...nice!) but it's been in our attic since then. She loves the thing and begs to go out on it at least 3 times a day. I need to get her a helmet. I wish she could pedal herself because she gets frustrated and then pushes the bike with the handle. And that is SLOW GOING. The bike also adjusts out so as they get longer, you can make sure it fits properly. She is already on the next to the last hole. But I don't think that's going to stop her.

Every day she amazes me with her sweet nature and spunkiness. She was always a sweet and spirited baby, and has not really changed a whole lot. Well, except for the "Do it myself!" and hitting we are dealing with but that's 2 years old for you. She's a love even with that.

Safire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller