Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

36 weeks, 1 day

Everyone,

Now that we've decided to kind of wait and see what happens, the day is going by SO SLOWLY. Yesterday was full of contractions ranging between 5-10 minutes apart. But they didn't hurt, I could still talk through them, and if I got up to do something they actually went away. And having the day split up into tiny increments like that makes it very slow.

Last night I had a few very painful contractions. We had our old neighbor sleeping over in case we needed someone but the contractions stopped and I slept really well. This morning, I've had no contractions and the babies are very active. So much for going into labor spontaneously!

I have another doctor's appointment on Tuesday and we will see what they say then. Of course, they may just call me on Monday and get everything set up for Tuesday to be induced. I may just decide I've had enough of this and go in one day. Wednesday might be a good day. Or even next Saturday when my parents are here. I may go into labor and things may move forward.

One good thing about all of this is I finally packed my hospital bag and did almost everything on my to do list. So now we are really just waiting for them. And every day will help them get bigger.

Safire

5 comments:

  1. It must be so hard to be patient. I'm glad your feeling better. Maybe it's the calm before the storm?? If the day goes too slowly you can always give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up!!! Maybe Monday....or I might just go in on Wednesday....!! Kirsten and I were talking about you today and her comment was, "oh ya, she could be in labor right now!" I was dying and had to check to get the scoop! So your mom comes THIS Saturday?? Wow- good luck being patient. I hate that feeling of not knowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* - must be exciting when they kick and you know they'll be kicking outside your tummy next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there!! I keep on checking in to see if there is any news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I can't imagine how hard that would be to keep waiting at this point. I know with Aiden once I hit 40 weeks I was READY to meet him. Hopefully things will move right along soon and you'll have a great delivery with your very healthy twins. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller