Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, April 11, 2008

Doctor Visits, 35 (Basically 36) Weeks

Everyone,

Thursday was a Dr. SA visit. Both boys are doing well, of course. We did a growth scan on them this time around and Baby A was around 5 lbs, 3 oz. At least he grew. Now, it's probably not very accurate because we could not see the top of his head. He is SO FAR DOWN I can't even cross my legs any more. He is seriously going to just fall out. He is doing well on his breathing, and seems to be squirming around a lot. How he can move is beyond me because I feel just enormously huge. He gets the hiccoughs at least 4 times a day (like right now) and doesn't really kick. Although we saw him kick really big but I didn't feel it since apparently my placenta is up where his feet are. No wonder I don't feel him as much as I do B.

Baby B is doing very well, weighing in around 6lbs, 3 oz. So there is a pound difference in their weight. And he is crowding in on Baby A's space the whole time. He is doing his breathing thing all the time now and looks great.

When Dr. SA came in, he said that he had just talked to Dr. Big Hands about my hospital stint the day before. He said that it really does look like they are in a great position for delivery. He said that he is also on call this weekend so he wants to see me and the boys this weekend at the hospital again. Like for delivery. Sure, like I can pick the day! He said you never know, and sometimes you CAN pick the day. He thinks this will be an easy delivery, and the boys are ready. He says my body is ready. In his words, "Let's do this thing."

Boy did I leave his office feeling pretty good. And ready. Although I still want to get to my goal of 36 weeks, things seem to be headed in the right direction.

This morning, I saw the midwife at our practice. My blood pressure is still up there, but no protein in my urine. I have gained one pound again. She looked at the babies on the ultrasound really quick and kept saying that these were big twins! I am only measuring 38 weeks, probably because Baby A is half way out already. So I got tested for Group B strep as everyone does, and she checked my cervix.

I love the looks on these doctor's faces when they check me. It's like I break all rules or something. She asked me how dilated I was on Wednesday...I was a 3. Now, I am a 5. This is strangely like the end of Butterfly's gestation. I went into the doctor on Friday and was 5 cm dilated too. I lasted the weekend with her, but I really don't think I'm going to last the weekend with these guys.

In fact, I am picking not to. Both Dr. SA and Dr. Big Hands will be around. Both expect to see me this weekend. The midwife today said not to wait if anything feels off, just call and go in. So tomorrow morning, I am going to call and go in. And get things going. My blood pressure is high, I'm 5 cm with twins...they will probably keep me. At least, I hope. We decided that tomorrow is a good day because Juice is off and we've arranged all of our child care for tomorrow. (if they don't keep me, she will have a great time playing at a friend's house all day. A win/win situation for her.) Tomorrow I am 36 weeks exactly. Everything is in the cards.

Another fun fact about tomorrow. Butterfly's birthday is 05-10-05 and if you add the month and the year together, you get the date. It's how Juice remembers it. Tomorrow, 04-12-08, is the same thing. Add the month and the year together and you get the date. Talk about making it easy for him! :)

I go from being elated and excited to terrified and nervous. Not at all good for my blood pressure I'm sure. Things I am excited to get over with: the huge belly, the need to pee all the time, the gestational diabetes, no chocolate ban, bed rest. I am super excited to see the twins and start to get to know them. Things I am terrified about: pushing out 2 babies and not just one, breastfeeding both, having them be old enough to come out and thrive and come home with me, having them be able to suck and swallow well enough to try and breastfeed, going through the post partum jag that everyone goes through, having 3 kids instead of 1.

Things I will miss: the big belly and feeling them move. The looks on people's faces when I tell them I am having twins. The need to gain weight. But having them out will be so much better than having them in. I'm ready.

I hope to have these guys in the morning/afternoon and hopefully will feel good enough to have some pictures up tomorrow (via Juice probably). If not, he will at least post stats of them this weekend and when I get home, I will try and get pictures up.

Wish me luck!!!

Safire

10 comments:

  1. I was reading your post with my mouth wide open! Oh my goodness! It's baby time! How exciting!! Let me know if there are any loose ends you need me to tie up. And good luck! I'll be thinking about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly!!! It's go time, I can't believe it! I'm so excited to see pics! I'll be praying for a safe delivery and that you can do it vaginally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made it! Can't wait to see pics of the boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for making it to 36 weeks!! I think you're making a great decision and hope that things go swimmingly this weekend. I will definitely be watching this space with baited breath to hear any happy news!! Oh and I will also be praying for a fast and wonderful delivery. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:12 PM

    How exciting! I will keep all of you in my prayers for a wonderful delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luck Luck Luck!!! I am so excited for you!!! "I will do fabulously" just keep saying it over and over and it will happen. That's how it works right? I can't hardly wait for the pictures tell Juice to keep us all posted!!! I know secrets he wouldn't want out there :) Blackmail is definitely a trick I'd try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! How can it be coming to an end already??? I'm so proud of you. Best of luck! We can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you have secret internet names for them yet?

    I'll have my phone w/ me all day - call whenever :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so so sp excited that you will be meeting your boys today!!! Easy labor vibes and I hope you have a smooth delivery! Can't wait to read all about this exciting day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting for you! One of my other friends had her baby yesterday and now you will most likely have yours today! Such great news. I will be thinking of you all day. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller