Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Utah Day 1

Everyone,

We made it to Utah today.  We are in Moab for a few days to see the arches and then we are headed up to Salt Lake.  Butterfly calls this the "Shiny Rock Place" because we've been talking about being here to look at pretty rocks.  My mom met us here tonight and I love having her around. 

We got here earlier than all the other days of driving (we got here around 4pm as opposed to 7 or 8pm) so we had some free time.  There was a miscomunication with the kennel where Soot was supposed to stay tonight (this lady has to have an hour with me and the dog to get her "acclimated" to her place.  An hour!  She says it's for the good of the animal and I have to counter with it's just an animal and one night!)  We went out to eat at a pizza restaurant (not great) and did a little geocaching in town.  I'm going to have to buy a souvenir t-shirt I think.  Butterfly had her first bright blue snow cone.  Pirate has fallen off the bed about 4 times in an hour so he's no longer allowed on the bed with no supervision.  As in, you have to be next to him at all times.  They are currently sleeping and I hope they will stay that way.

Professor slept in bed with me from about 2:30am on last night.  I did not sleep well and was pretty cross today.  Pirate was also really cross and cried a lot.  Poor kid.  We are all feeling a little done with the car.  Good thing tomorrow we are going hiking. 

I'm going to have to get some new toys for the trip back.  Everyone is tired of what's in the car now.  And we still have a 5 hour drive on Saturday to Salt Lake.  Ugh...I am looking forward to being at my mom's house and just being in one place for awhile.

Safire

PS- Kelly, I got the message...will call you when I get to my mom's house.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it to Utah, what an accomplishment! I'll be looking forward to all your links of the toys and products you took on your road trip. Did I ever tell you that I lived in Colorado too? It was so fun reading your post about Casa Bonita, because my parents took me there for my eighth birthday. Small world.

    Anyway good job making it all the way to Utah, and having everyone still be in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! You're so close! Sorry about the sleep (lack of it). I know what it feels like to not get enough of it and be cross....that happens too often for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller