In our church, the babies aren't allowed to be in the nursery until they are 18 months old. The boys turned 17 months on Friday (can you believe that?!) so they are basically a month away from nursery. We have been in the hall for weeks now because trying to keep these two boys out of trouble during class is impossible. They still come to sunday school with me (since I have 2-3 teenage girls and that's it...they love these boys!) and then I walk the halls with them for the 3rd hour. Mostly because my classroom has curtains (so. much. fun.) and Juice's class is on the stage. That's a sure fire way to make sure no kids go into his class...make it a safety hazard.
In any case, we have basically 2 more weeks of walking the halls with them. (Next week, the first Sunday in October we have a big general meeting where we don't go to the church building but watch it on tv or the internet, and the second Sunday in October.) They turn 18 months old on the 3rd Sunday of October this year so I am excited to see them off on their next step and actually be in class.
Our leaders gave us two sheets to fill out for them and I thought it would be fun to copy them down here.
Pirate (next to his name I wrote "has brown eyes")
- Does your child have food allergies? no
- Does your child have a favorite toy? his thumb (please make sure it's clean if possible!). He also likes music and books.
- What is your child's favorite food? string cheese and meat
- What food do they really NOT like? bread
- Please tell us anything else or any concerns you have: He's still not very steady on his feet. He can climb onto chairs but can't get down. He will destroy his snack when he's done so watch out. He steals toys and can push or hit when frustrated. (welcome to twins!) A firm "stop" will get him to stop, though. He's quick to smile and has a sweet laugh. He does not say much but understands a lot. Thanks!
- Does your child have any food allergies? no
- Does your child have a favorite toy? His pacifier. He also likes balls and cars.
- What is your child's favorite food? cheese, cherrios, crackers
- What food do they really NOT like? meat
- Please tell us anything else or concerns you have: He likes to climb and can get on top of tables if you leave a chair near it. He is sensitive and will get his feelings hurt easily. He will put his head into the floor and cry if that happens. He can be pushy and grabby with toys (welcome to twins!). Trading toys works well for him if he gets too pushy. Please come and get me if he won't stop crying. He does not say much but understands a lot. Thanks!