Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Closed Forever!

Everyone,

About 2 weeks ago we discovered that our regular grocery store is closing forever. I am sad because people that worked there knew us by name. They said hello to Butterfly and we had been going there since she was itty bitty. We had been talking about trying out different grocery stores in the area anyway, and this just forced us to do that.

Do you know how annoying it is to go shopping at a brand new store? I had my list of things I need, and I had to wander up and down each isle looking closely for each of my items. Of course, we also went to the cheapest place in town, and we had to dodge everyone and boxes and pay attention. Most of the time I just go down the isles that I know have my stuff. It took us twice as long. How annoying.

Also annoying: the store does not have some of our staples, like natural peanut butter and diapers. So now I have to try yet another store in the area. Which means in 2 weeks when I go again, I have to pay attention yet again! Not happy.

Safire

PS- Very tired today...don't know if this makes any sense or not.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you! I'd hate it if my regular store closed. Sometimes I go else where for a sale/prices, after wandering around not knowing where anything is I remember why I go to "my" store!

    MK

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so annoying! I'm assuming it's just that location, and not all of them? Cuz I'd be ticked if mine closed down, too! Didn't they just renovate?? Argh! I hope you find a new store that will satisfy. And if you ever need me to pick up the special peanut butter....You know where to find me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had more of a "hometown" grocery store. Ours are all big, national chains except for one, which is across town and not convenient at all. Oh and of course significantly more expensive. Anyway, I can completely understand your point, I know exactly where things are in my store and it would be a PAIN to find them elsewhere. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller