Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hello Insomnia

Everyone,

Sooo...close to midnight here. My family is all sleeping away peacefully. Including Soot who I can hear is snoring in her crate in the next room. And why, why does sleep have to be so elusive to me?! When I was pregnant with Butterfly, I could sleep at the drop of a hat. And I did. I slept so much and so often I wondered what I would do when she was born. But she slept a lot too, and those newborn days of hers are hazy and pajama ridden.

There are lots of pajamas in this pregnancy too, but probably because I remember them more. I'm awake a lot more. And I never seem to be able to sleep at night. During the day, no problem! Butterfly and I took a 4 hour nap today. This could be encouraging the insomnia at night.

We all had a very early day today. We had dentist appointments starting at 8am. Butterfly typically doesn't get up until about 9am these days, and I sleep as long as she does. But today, I was up at 6am so I could get ready before facing "the beast" as we call it. She is NOT a happy camper when she gets up. Okay, she's not a happy camper for me. She loves Daddy. Anyway, back to teeth. We all had a nice cleaning and no cavities. Yay!

I have been tagged for 2 different memes. I'll do one tonight since the other needs me to take pictures and my internet is out on the computer my camera is hooked to. So, meme #1, from jw4mkc.

Rules:
  • Link to the person that tagged you.
  • Post the rules on your blog.
  • Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
  • Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
  • Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
My 6 things...again. (I'm pretty sure I've already done this so I'm going to do a pregnancy version.)

1- I drool. A lot. It wakes me up at night with how much I drool. Juice will not let me sleep on his pillow anymore and I had to give my word of honor that I wouldn't sleep there when he wasn't around to police me. Turns out, this is a normal thing of pregnancy because of all the heartburn.
2- My belly button is so close to poking out. It never did this with Butterfly's pregnancy because I have a crag of a belly button. But this time around, I can see my innie becoming an outie and it's strange. (Also strange, the stupid skin tag I have in the middle of my belly button. I want it removed it bugs me so much!)
3- I have been denied chocolate and now that is all I want to eat. I went to the store the other day and they had all their valentines stuff out and I was sad I couldn't eat anything. Even the smell was driving me crazy.
4- With Butterfly's pregnancy I had food aversion like you would not believe. Now, I have food cravings. I eat so much cereal and string cheese these days. I also like fresh food, no leftovers please!
5- I take 5 pills every day. 3 prenatal vitamins (that's the dosage on the bottle...it's supposed to be conveinant to take at meal times but I never rememeber), one heartburn supresor so I might actually be able to lay down to sleep, and a Flintstone chewable. Man those things taste so good. They are my reward for actually remember to take all my pills every day and probably the only reason I do.
6- I forget. I forget things like words of things (cabanet, mail being my favorite), I forget people's birthdays. I forget to pay bills or I forget that I have already paid a bill and pay it twice. I never forget to eat, though. Or anything important with Butterfly. But everything else, so sorry if I've forgotten.

There you go. I was resting my arm on my belly thinking of something to write and I got a definite hand or foot swipe, along with a very hard push against my arm. It was slowly lifting my arm in the air and then suddenly went away when I felt the other baby move. It's fun to be pregnant with twins. :)

Safire

PS- The spell check function seems to be on the fritz. Sorry about the misspellings.

PPS- No tags for anyone...if you wish to play along, then do so! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about the insomnia. It's funny how pregnancies can be so different, isn't it? You had me cracking up over your 6 things. And here I thought I knew you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe Laura! I thought I knew myself as well. :) Help I'm being taken over! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller