Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, May 02, 2008

2 Weeks Old!

Everyone,

The boys are now two weeks old today. Wow. I just can't imagine them not being in our family. I know I worried a lot before they were born how their birth would affect our family. I wondered how I would be able to parent/mother/love 3 children, 2 of whom were going to be very demanding for awhile. I worried if I was going to be able to bond with the twins. I guess specifically, I worried I would bond with one and not the other. But it was just like with Butterfly. The moment they came out, I was head over heals in love with them. Their entrance into our family has only improved the family dynamics. They fit in perfectly.

(See my new signature picture!)
Let's start with Professor today since he just peed all up his back and is currently being changed. And screaming his displeasure at the current situation. Professor is our loud guy. He's also the mellow one. He only cries when he's wet or hungry. But it's the loud lusty cries. He sleeps like a champ, eats like a champ, and is just an easy baby to take care of. Now, he was up for several hours last night complaining about who knows what. He is also our snuggle bug. He does not want to be alone. He loves having someone with him. It's a good thing he is a twin!

Pirate is very aware. He has this sharp little face and these big alert eyes. He does not cry so much as squawk until someone comes over to see him. Now he will ramp up the crying if you don't respond to the squawking but for the most part, he is pretty quiet. He is also very patient. If both are crying, I have to take care of Professor first and then I can take care of Pirate. And he's okay with that. He is so strong and can pick up his head already. He knows the sound of my voice and will turn his head to me when I call to him. He could care less if he's alone or not, but tolerates his brothers head whacking really well. He also tries to suck on his hands when he's hungry. Never mind his own.

My parents left yesterday afternoon and Juice's parents arrived late last night. I was alone with all 3 kids for a few hours. My very first time alone with the twins at all. I survived, but I think it hit me right then than I was the mom of 3 kids. Wow, 3. Weird.

Safire

PS- Who wants to hate me that I am back in my pre-pregnancy clothes? Nursing 2 babies!

5 comments:

  1. What a GREAT family picture!! You are incredible- 2 week olds and back to your "normal" clothes!! LUCKY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing your posts about the boys! Wow--back in the pre-pregnancy clothes?? I have to admit, you have been looking incredible! Healthy and Happy--that's how you look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a precious picture!! You all look so happy! I'm glad to hear things are going so well! And 2 weeks pp with twins and you are back in your pre-pg clothes -- You are the woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the family picture as well. You are such a cute, happy family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Im so glad the twins are doing good! what a cute little picture!!!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller