Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Feeling Miserable

Everyone,

I have learned my limit. Yesterday, we went to the mall with Vinny and his mom and let the kids run around the little play area like banshees. Butterfly had so much fun. She would run run run, lay down panting, and then get up and run again when she was rested. She so needed a chance to get out and just be a kid. We also had lunch and traveled to the fabric store to pick up some fabric we need for a service project our church is doing.

Boy did I underestimate how long it would take the sweet old women at the fabric store to cut 4 yards of fabric for us. Vinny and Butterfly were running in circles laughing loudly, and Lala (Vinny's mom) is about a month away from having her baby and I am feeling crampy and snappish. There were about 3 other women in line behind us and I could see them watching our kids with disapproving looks on their faces. Look all you want people. They weren't tearing things off the shelves, they weren't running into things, they were just running in a very small circle laughing.

By the time I got what I needed, stood at the cashier behind a super old lady who bought a ton of scraps and had to get the price on every single one, I was done. I paid, walked about 2 steps and sat down on the floor to wait for Lala and Vinny, who were 2 people behind me in line. Butterfly thought sitting on the floor was lots of fun and I managed to keep her down there with me until they were ready to go.

Luckily, Butterfly went strait to sleep for a nap, and I was able to get about 20 minutes myself. But today, I am feeling very sore and still very snappish. Apparently 2 stores is too much. (No contractions, thank goodness, and the babies are moving a lot.) I am down to doing one thing every other day, or even every 2 days because it takes me awhile to recover from doing anything but sitting on the couch. I am feeling huge and uncomfortable. I am measuring around full term, and still have about 10 weeks to go.

All I want to do is curl up on the couch, not have Butterfly climb all over me (haha) and eat ice cream from this place. It really is a shame they don't deliver.

Safire

4 comments:

  1. Oh No! I'm so sorry, that sounds just awful. Maybe you could get Juice to deliver Ice Cream on his way home. Does Butterfly need a new movie? We have some VHS I'll bet she hasn't seen. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:50 PM

    *hugs*

    Every thing's gonna be OK. Your body is working really hard making those two, cute boys. It's hard to have to slow down, but it'll be totally worth it.

    Butterfly loves you tons!...and that proves you're a great mom.

    You'll feel better in a couple days. Take it easy and picture Butterfly's first meeting with the twins. She's gonna be such a cute big sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally, completely understand the limits,and I've never been pg with twins! Oh--and Brusters is my absolute favorite, too! I wonder if we could manage to get some of their ice cream for movie night later this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((((hugs))))) Listen to your body and rest!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller