Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Baby Shower

Everyone,

About 2 weeks ago, my church gave me a baby shower. They were so generous, and it was so wonderful to just hang out with my friends and talk baby stuff. They were even sweet enough to make most of the food diabetic friendly so I could have some. What thoughtful sisters I have!

We played a really fun memory game (which I won right out of the box with 4 and 13, my 2 favorite numbers).

And then came the presents! Like I said, everyone was so generous. These boys now don't have to sleep under pink and purple blankets (since that all I had). I have so many blankets and clothes and layette stuff that I am set for the first few months of their lives. Yay! My mom even sent a few things for me to open from aunts and my Nana. I am so excited to see them in some of these cute outfits. Thanks everyone!

I took off all the tags and have spent most of today washing it all (along with all of our clothes). It took 3 loads of wash to go through everything.

I am amazed at how small everything is. I pulled out a few of Butterfly's things that could be used on boys and I remember when she wore them. Was she ever that small? Really? And how can it be that we'll have 2 very small people joining our household in a few weeks? What am I going to do with 2?!

Here's the whole loot. Plus some money for my super awesome stroller. It's expensive, yes, but I'm hoping it's so totally worth it. I am about half way to my goal.

I am feeling closer to being ready. Now to get another car seat, some diapers, and all the clothes folded and put away. Well, that and thank you notes and to go through my mom's group shower presents as well. I am about 2 days away from being 32 weeks, my first goal. Yay!

Next goal, 34 weeks. And then 36, and then delivery. Wish me luck!

Safire

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:33 PM

    Wow ... looks like a great day! Great haul too.

    You look gorgeous by the way. The pink top looks so nice on you (mommyknows!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shower was so fun! I could have stayed all day eating the food. Yum! Oh, and the pictures are great!! I'm so glad that you're feeling a little more ready. I just love washing and folding and holding new baby clothes before babies are born. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommyknows- Thanks! It's my favorite pg shirt and I wear it probably 80% of the time.

    Laura- It was a great party and the food was awesome! And yes, the pictures are great. Thanks again for being photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FUN shower!!! :) I can't believe how close you're getting to your DD! I'm super excited to meet your little guys!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller