Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Food Cravings

Everyone,

My friend Liz asked me what I was craving the most and it has gotten me thinking a lot about food lately. So since I almost wrote a novel answering her, I thought I'd turn it into a regular post. (Went to the peri doc today...update tomorrow when I finish typing it all out.)

My first thought when she asked what I was craving the most was a big, gooey, cheesy burrito with steak and guacamole and black beans. But looking at it, I probably could have this, I just wouldn't be able to eat the whole thing. I suppose it would be okay to only eat a 3rd of it and continue to eat it in small amounts, but I'm getting a little tired of being hungry all the time. I guess with this burrito fantasy, I'm dreaming more about eating A TON rather than eating the burrito.

The next thing that came to mind was of course, ice cream. I really want a double scoop of white chocolate raspberry from Brusters or really anything chocolate from there. Even their vanilla is heavenly, or the one with all the cherries in it. Yum! Sadly, I am still banned from chocolate so this will have to wait till after. I am thinking of going there and getting a small cone of sugar free sorbets that they have just because my numbers have been so excellent I think I could probably handle one.

The last thing I am dreaming about is called "Something Chocolate" at the RedRock Canyon Grill. (If you watch all of their little food pictures, it's the really tall desert dripping chocolate.) This is one of our favorite places to eat, and everyone we take there loves it. Just thinking about the something chocolate makes my mouth water though...all that whipped cream! And the nutmeg! And the ice cream with warm chocolate sauce! And the little crunchy bottom thing! Okay, I have to stop thinking about it now.

My intent is to go to the RedRock Canyon Grill after the twins are born and order one of those something chocolates for myself. Because the chance to eat it all by myself (without Juice or Butterfly eating half, because they do, Butterfly would probably eat one herself if we let her) is part of the treat.

Safire

2 comments:

  1. Okay you seriously CRACK ME UP!

    Ill TOTALLY GO WITH YOU! Infact... when you have your babies ill bring you dinner and THAT for dessert!!! MMMMMM!!!! THen you can have it in the comfort of your own home!

    Im really attempting something for you and im brining it with me Sunday... if it actually turns out yummy... i wont think any less of you if you eat all of it before we break for classes! Ill defend you even! IVE BEEN THERE! it was only for a week and i was DYING!!!!!!!!!!! i admire you! I could NEVER do it. Good job! It will be worth it in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely go for the sorbet at Brusters--So yummy!

    As far as the chocolate dessert at Red Rock Canyon, you really have peaked my interest, and I might have to take Dale there when he gets back in town.

    I've never been good at watching/controlling what I eat. You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller