Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy 80th Birthday Grandpa!

Everyone,

On Easter, my grandpa turned 8o years old. The Monday after, they had a huge party for him at a restaurant and everyone got to go. Everyone except me and Juice and Butterfly. And my cousin who is on a mission. All of my aunts and uncles and cousins got to go, along with some of my grandpa's siblings and cousin. Monday night I was thinking of them all night long and wishing I could be there. Granted, growing twins is a big job and since I'm about 30 days away (eek!), there's no way I could get on a plane. There's no way they would let me on a plane. Okay, I have to say that there is no way I would want to get on a plane. But I would have loved to have been there. My mom has sent me a few pictures but it's still not the same as enjoying it in person, you know?

However, my Nana is so thoughtful and sent us some money to go out to dinner that night so that we can celebrate the same night as everyone else. (She also sent money to my cousin on a mission so I hope he and his companion had a good dinner out too!) Since I'm no longer allowed out, we called take out at our favorite restaurant. Juice and Butterfly went to pick it up, and we enjoyed it. Juice got a pot pie, Butterfly shared his potato soup and my crispy strips, I got a salad and some kind of southwest egg roll thing that was very good. We sang happy birthday to Grandpa before we ate and chowed down. Yum!

The next day, the phone rang while Butterfly was taking her nap. She was still awake and I hear her pipe up "Hello Grandpa-Great! Happy Birthday! It's your birthday and we had soup!" So Grandpa-Great, you were thought of all the way out here. We hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Safire (and crew)

6 comments:

  1. Awww That was sweet -- and the food looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the food in the pictures....was that YOUR dinner?? It looks SO good! I'm hungry!! That was sweet of your fam to think of you and let you participate in the festivities long-distance. Happy 80th B-day to your G-pa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that once my kids were out and even in the NICU it was slightly better than being chained to my couch! I hope the next 30 days just fly by! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:14 PM

    mmm yum! It's too bad you couldn't be there, but better safe than sorry.

    My daughter shares your Grandpa's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to participate even though you weren't there in person! How clever. My grandparents turn 80 this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, it was yummy!

    Laura, yes, that was MY dinner. So tasty! I'm telling you, the Red Rock Canyon Grill is awesome. Did you ever take Dale there?

    Valinda, is it sad that I'm dreaming of that just a little? I mean, I know it would better for them to stay in but spring is starting to hit and I SO want to be out and doing something.

    Mommyknows, it's a great day for a birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller