Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Store Monday

Everyone,

Today I was on a quest. A quest for new drinking glasses. My parents are laughing at me right now because I have a perfectly good box of glasses I got for my wedding in my closet at their house. But those glasses are in Utah and we are in Maryland. The need for glasses is great since I've broken 2 since I've been back. One of the boys grabbed and pulled one out of my hand and yesterday the crock pot lid fell and hit one and broke it.

So. New glasses needed. Check.

I thought I'd try the thrift store today and see if they had anything there I needed. I needed several things. A new chair for our kitchen table because we don't have enough for our family. I don't want a new chair because we won't have this table forever. I want an old chair that looks like our chairs. No luck though. With the chairs or the glasses. We were only a few minutes from Ike*a so we went there. We had a yummy lunch and bought glasses. And kid plates. And kid bowls. And kid silverware. And meatballs. Yum!

On the way home, 2 of the glasses broke! Seriously I can't catch a break with glasses lately.

Then off to the grocery store.

Then off to Tarjay for storage.

I am trying to clean my room. I just spent 3 hours cleaning my book case. I think I may have too many books.

Safire

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 PM

    LOL! We could have fit the glasses in the car, I guess, but they probably would have broken, too.
    ~mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that is exactly why I've recently switched to plastic cups. Glass ones come out on special occasions. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me, you can NEVER have too many books!!!!!Love - Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller