Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Poor Kid

Everyone,

After unsuccessfully keeping him down yesterday and this morning, I think he woke up from his nap sore. He was cross. He only wanted Mommy. So we all sat and watched movies this afternoon and he peed all over me. (His diaper is worn looser because of where the incision is...and it's prone to leaking. He had to have 3 outfits today because of it!)

I've been very on top of the whole pain medication thing. I can tell when we're getting close to the next dose though. He starts to get really cranky, cries a lot, and big circles show up under his eyes. Poor baby! I hope that he starts to feel really better soon because I'm really hurting to see him hurting.

This morning I went to get them out of their cribs and he said, "Uh-oh!" So I went over expecting to see something (not sure what now) and he looks up at me and said, "ow!" and started to bawl. It was so heart wrenching. I swooped him up (soggy pjs and all) and just held him and rocked until he stopped crying.

This also put out Professor who is used to spending all morning in my arms and he was cross and cranky with me too. And Butterfly was so sweet this morning petting Pirate's head and getting him toys. But the sweetness wore off and by the evening she was a whining mess. I know she just wants attention. They all do. But sadly, Pirate needs me the most. Right now, the rest will have to deal.

I took Professor to the store with me this evening after Juice got home. What a good little boy he is! I guess I never realized how well behaved he is for me. He just stays really close, follows me where ever I go, and is happy not to touch things. It's so funny to me that I'm JUST noticing this with him. I guess when I go out I'm so worried about keeping everyone in line, I didn't realize that I didn't need to keep him in line. A fun discovery.

The last of our huge snow pile melted today. The crocuses are blooming and the grass is greening up. It won't be long till all the trees are in bloom and spring will be here. It's been over 70 degrees the last few days. So beautiful! I'm hoping that we'll make it to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom this year.

Safire

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear he's hit a rough patch. Hope it'll be over soon. I used to stick a changing pad on my lap when I was worried about leaks (usually with snuggle-blanket over it).
    I've also heard moms talk about sticking an extra pad in the diaper - like a poise or serenity pad. It's supposed to soak up extra fluids....but I haven't tried that one myself.

    Happy to hear Professor got to go out to the store w/ you - you're a good mommy :)

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller