Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jazzed Up!

Everyone,

My friend Lala (not to be confused with Lolli, or maybe you do...either way, different people) came over today to exercise. We typically get together twice a week, once at her house and once at mine. She has a fascination with Belly dancing for fitness so that is what we have been doing. It's been a lot of fun.

Today she mentioned she wanted to do some deep stretching so I convinced her we should do my post-natal yoga tape. Well, she consented to watch it, I did the yoga. She made funny comments about the ladies and their babies, I worked on stretching out my back and shoulders. She left feeling a little better, and I ended feeling A TON better. I do so love to do my yoga.

Also today, we went to the resource center with Lolli and AJ. And although we didn't have the chance to talk a ton, the kids all had a great time. My 3 even took a 2 hour nap when we got home! Yay! (That was when I did my yoga.)

Butterfly insists lately on playing surprise. She makes up these elaborate "sets" full of her toys she has hidden underneath blankets and buckets. We are then to say, word for word, her script and she acts totally surprised. It's very cute and fun the first 3 or 4 times. After that, I get bored and tell her to either change the toys or change the words. She opts for neither and changes the people involved. In other words, she lets me go do something else while she acts out all the parts, word for word.

Today she insisted on playing surprise at the resource center and I had to flat out tell her to play something else. We probably spent a good half hour playing surprise with the lamb, pig, chicken nesting toy. Pirate spent most of his visit slack jawed and having a great time. And Professor got himself stuck in the play house while trying to go through the door. What a fun family I have!

Book club tonight! I'm going to be tired tomorrow.

Safire

2 comments:

  1. Surprise! Too funny - my girls do the same types of things. They get so excited about whatever they're playing and want to do it for hours on end. "Pick something else!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I miss, miss, miss yoga! I used to take classes, but I need to get a tape so I can do it at home. Officially on my list!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller