Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Amazing!

Everyone,

Tonight was recognition night for the 8-11 year old girls at my church. I am the co-leader and every 2nd and 4th Wednesday, we have activities. The idea is to prepare the girls to be righteous young women in our church. It's fun, we do a lot of cool little things.

Anyway, tonight we asked the girls to bring something that showed who they were and asked them to prepare a short presentation (basically telling us what they brought). Kind of like a big show and tell. Let me tell you, these girls are amazing! We had several play instruments (piano, recorder, violin, and clarinet) and several show off some other talents (drawing, gymnastics, etc.) I am just in awe at the broad range of talents we have! And the desire to show them off...it's not something I would have ever been happy to do (play my violin in front of people) but they all did it with a smile on their face and just wowed me.

The coolest one was one of our 8 year olds. She is so quiet, soft spoken, and can break 2 boards in half with her fist. She has a trophy that is taller than me (and I'm 6 feet!) and a whole bunch of metals from breaking boards. I have learned so much about these girls I'm teaching. They are so incredible.

In other news, we only have a few days left before we leave and things are not getting done. It's mostly my fault they are not getting done, only because I hate dragging all 3 kids out to run errands so I wait till Juice gets home. But then I'm too tired to do anything that nothing gets done. I've got to buckle down and do several things and errands tomorrow, 3 kids or not. Wish me luck.

Speaking of kids, Professor is crying so I'm off!

Safire

PS- Thanks to my MIL who sent me a wonderful book on motherhood. It had me in tears all afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Today was fun, and I'm so glad that I was able to come to the recognition night after all. The timing was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun idea for the girls to show their talents. What was the title of the book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:48 AM

    I'm reading the book, too. So much love and good ideas for keeping your cool while raising children. I've tried the "forgiveness bench" (only I used the bottom stair) for quarreling children. Children have so much to learn. They need to know what is appropriate. A warm feeling stays with me after I read each chapter. Glad you are enjoying the book, too. Gma

    ReplyDelete
  4. what book is this? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the preparations. I know how you feel. It's hard to get ready for a big trip but, I know you can do it! That book sounds pretty neat. You gotta share the title in your next post. Let me know if there's anything I can do to make your first stop of the trip any easier.

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller