Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Help A Sister Out

Everyone,

It's late posting this and I meant to get it out earlier but with Pirate and Professor having huge blow out diapers every two hours (thank you antibiotics), Butterfly plugging up the toilet on the second floor with paper until it was actually raining in the bathroom on the first floor (yeah.) and life in general, it didn't happen. Until now.

Remember my post a few months back about my little niece Seraph
? Remember her heart condition and how the doctors sent her home with no other options? Remember that they didn't expect her to live much longer?

Right now she is thriving. She is really surprising her doctors and everyone with her growth. She is gaining weight, starting to roll over (and rolling onto her scar so it can't hurt that much!), and her skin is soft and smooth. She went from not really wanting to be touched to playing with everyone, especially her twin sister Angel.

I keep coming back to a Christmas story. I know, it's May (I just typed April and had to correct myself...where is the time going?!) but this story just keeps popping in my head. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. Not to say that my niece is a Grinch at all! Just these few little lines have been running through my head:

And what happened then...? Well...in Who-ville they say That the Grinch's small heart Grew three sizes that day!

And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight, He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast!



I just can't help thinking that Seraph's heart has grown 3 sizes since she's been home. She's been basking in the love of her family (it is immense and tangible from thousands of miles away) and she is thriving.

We need your help. This week (May 8th) Seraph has some tests to determine what to do next. My sister in law Splats explains it all very well so go on over there to see what is going to happen.


She is asking us for prayer and fasting on behalf of Seraph tomorrow to prepare for her testing. (Fasting is typically giving up 2 meals for the day.) We need her doctors to know what to do for her that is best.

Please, if you can, join us for this little girl. I for one want to see what she brings when her heart is not so tight.

Safire

1 comment:

  1. What fantastic news! I will certainly keep Seraph and her family in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller