Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday...Different Plans

Everyone,

Today I had plans to share with you a picture off of my camera for Sunday Pictures.  I got out my camera, started to download the pictures and then started to tear my hair out.  My computer crashed AGAIN.  Seriously, I have crashed this mac twice in 3 ro 4 months.  NOT COOL.

So, no pictures for you today.  Sorry! 

All evening I spent trying to empty my trash, throw away all my downloaded stuff, and get the computer actually doing anything.  After taking 3 hours to get that done, I got the back up disk to start running.  So it's currently backing up over 1 million things on my computer.  That's right...my computer is full.  I now have the lovely task of deleting all my duplicate pictures (yes, still doing that!) and organizing them into months/years and putting them on my external hard drive.  If I have any room left after the over 1 million things.  Once I get them on that hard drive, I'm erasing them from my computer all together.  This makes me nervous because I don't want to loose them but I have to have the computer running!  (Currently I'm using Juice's computer to type this.  I am delaying some online game play with his family BUT he is doing the dishes so I call it a win/win situation.  :) )

So instead of pictures, I give you a question and answer:




The Multiples and More blog asks a question of the week and I thought I'd answer it this week.  The question is:

What do you do with your Thanksgiving leftovers?

It was an easy answer for me: make turkey puffs!  Now what are Turkey Puffs you ask?  They are Juice's favorite dinner.  This is the one we only have this time of year and he looks forward to it starting right after my birthday in September.  Want the recipe?  Okay!

Turkey Puffs
2 cups cooked and cut up turkey
1 block cream cheese
1/4 tsp pepper
2-3 green onions, chopped
2-3 packages of frozen cresent rolls
milk
dry stuffing

Prehead oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together the cream cheese, the turkey, peper, and green onions.  (We leave the green onions out for a few for Butterfly.)  Open the cresent rolls and put a small spoonful on the roll.  Seal it up so it looks like a pillow.  Roll in milk then roll it in the stuffing.  (Again, we leave that part our for Butterfly).  Place on cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with leftover turkey gravy or cranberry sauce.  We prefer the cranberry sauce.

Last year I also made soup out of the turkey carcass in my crock pot.  It didn't turn out as well as I hoped it would.  I found it was bitter.  I may use the first part of the recipe here to make broth and then just use it in place of chicken broth in my regular cooking.

Otherwise the plan is for some turkey sandwiches and mini turkey dinners for Juice's lunch. 

This year, I got smart(er) and I am not making a big turkey for the 5 of us on Thanksgiving.  Juice leaves the Monday after Thanksgiving for a week and I'm always left with a huge pile of leftover food that I just won't eat throughout the week.  So we are saving our big turkey for sometime near Christmas and just making a turkey breast this year.  Besides, then I can make the Turkey Puffs for Juice!

Safire 

3 comments:

  1. Oh no about your laptop! Are your pictures still on your card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good- I think I'll try making these! When you say dry stuffing- do you mean completely dry-uncooked stuffing, or leftover stuffing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, chica, do you guys want to join us for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller