Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Bad Bad Bad Wii

Everyone,

Last night we had a friend over for dinner. His family has been out of town for 3 weeks, and I figured he could use some home cooking. We made flank steak, baked potatoes, rolls, and green beans. It was good. I cut up some meat and apples for the boys and let them feed themselves. Boy were they happy! They ate a lot, or maybe just a lot fell out of their hands onto their chairs. Either way, they ate and I got to sit and eat with everyone too.

As I put the boys to bed, our friend played our Wii with Butterfly. They had a fun time playing all the carnival games we had. She totally beat him at a few of them. When she went to bed, we broke out Rock Band and proceeded to rock the night away.

We went ahead and bought Rock Band 2 so we could use our other guitar. I have found my calling as a bass guitarist since I could play on hard and get 98% of the song right. Sweet! I was frequently in awe of our friend's talent on main guitar and Juice rocked the drums. We stayed up till 10:30pm playing.

Of course, once our friend left, I had to try out a few new features on Rock Band 2. I had to do the online play. I joined a group for 7 songs and stank. Wow, there are some people out there that are really really good. Juice played for some of the songs, and we commented on how we really were not doing too great on easy. We then didn't get upstairs to get to bed until almost midnight. Bad bad wii! Er, us.

It's snowing outside this morning. I had to take Juice to the metro because he missed his bus. It's Chinese New Year and I'm ordering in Chinese food for dinner. Yum yum!

Safire

6 comments:

  1. Hmm...sounds like fun to me! I. on the other hand, went to bed at 9:15. Totally out of character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys always are having fun! I want to live nearer and start crashing!

    Enjoy your Chinese food tonight - yum. I've had to give it up recently - makes my tummy hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a Wii for the family this Christmas, and haven't yet tried Rock Band. Considering how bad I am at PING-PONG, I think I may need a little more practice first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try Rock Band sooooooo bad! You are so lucky! And can I say how jealous I am of you Chinese food, there is NO good Chinese food here in Springville. It's my favorite food and I suffer so. Oh well, enjoy your new year!

    P.S. I tagged you on my bloggie http://aubreyspages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have it too for PS3. We all love it. We have an extra guitar, the kids and I all play. Georgia has to be the clapper/dancer girl. She totally goes for it.

    Sometimes some fun adult time is worth a little less sleep. WAY better than losing sleep over waking babies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Lolli, That is out of character for you! Getting sick?

    @ Rosemarie, sorry Chinese makes you sick! I don't know what I'd do without it. So yummy! And come to visit, you can rock out with us any time. :)

    @ Swistle, wow, you commented! Thanks! I feel really special now. :) I'm terrible at ping pong too but surprisingly good at Rock Band and Fishing. Keep trying, you'll find something you're a natural at.

    @ Aubrey, if you're willing and haven't tried it by the time I come to Utah this summer for a visit, you can come over and try it! We LOVE it. (Obviously.) Checked out your tag, will do it soon.

    @ Mommyknows, seriously fun game isn't it? We had to stop playing with Butterfly around because she insists on taking over instruments in the middle of the song and that is just not cool. And yes, sometimes adult fun is worth staying up for, but I should have known that the boys would be up mere hours later and now I'm paying for it. Ah well, good times.

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller