Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Schedule

Everyone,

I do a lot of thinking while I nurse the boys. Unlike Butterfly, I am not able to nurse them and watch movies or read books. (Not that I have a hand free to hold the book, but that's another post.) Just like Butterfly, they smile at me if I look at them and no milk is swallowed. So I spend a lot of time staring off into space and thinking.

One of the things I think about is my home schedule. Namely my cleaning schedule. I think I have our day to day schedule all worked out. But now, I need to add in some regular cleaning to the list. I figure if I do 15-20 minutes a day I may actually keep up on things and not take away from being with the kids too much. They will play by themselves for that long if they are entertained with something. Like today. With my pots and pans.

So, here goes:

Monday- Mop day (includes all floors vacuumed and the kitchen/dining room area swept and mopped)
Tuesday- Toilets (includes the sinks and bath tubs too)
Wednesday- Wash day (laundry! Baths and hair)
Thursday- Their day (meaning I clean bedrooms, toys, and dust)
Friday- 5 a day/finish up day (menu planning for the week or two, taking stock of what I have in the pantry, and finished up anything I didn't do through out the week- like folding laundry)
Saturday- shop/show day (this is the day we typically do our grocery shopping or touring around the city...showing the kids the world)
Sunday- rest

I figure if I stick to this, I should have a fairly clean house. If I stick to it.

Since it's Wednesday, how have I done? It's almost 3:30pm and I'm just now starting on my laundry...the only chore I've done this week so far. Looks like this Friday may be busy!

Safire

4 comments:

  1. I need a schedule so badly - time just flies by and I don't get half the things done that I need to. I'm thinking there MUST be a website that gives you a schedule - and let's you modify it a little.

    Are you nursing both boys simultaneously or one at a time? I did it both ways, and although it was a bit clumsy with the two, it saved a ton of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! It's so hard to keep up, isn't it? Good job making a schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a schedule very similar to that one and my house looks slightly less disastrous when I manage to stick to it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:28 AM

    Please look at Flylady.net. The woman's name is Marla Cilley and she is awesome at helping us get our lives in order 15 minutes at a time! Her homepage is long. Don't be overwhelmed by looking at it - just know that you will NEVER regret becoming a "flybaby". I wish I had been able to become one when my kids were as young as yours. (Mine are now 21, 19 and 16) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller