Looking for Me?

Wondering where I am? I've moved! Check out the new blog Waterfalling Up for more updates from our family!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Give Me your Best Shot- Zoo

Everyone,

This week for our little home preschool was Z week. And what better way to celebrate Zs than to go to the Zoo! This is one of the places in DC that is a must see. And it's FREE. How cool does that get?!

Give me your best shot at Better in Bulk

So Lolli and I, and the 4 kids, ride the train to the zoo (AJ kept saying, "Is this the Zoo Train?" and I kept thinking of the Disney Zoo Train Song.) and hike the half mile or so to the Zoo Entrance. Lolli and I had researched our trip a little today and printed off Zoo Bingo and an Animal Worksheet to help the kids keep on task. Really, didn't need to but it was fun. They got stickers at the end from the Zoo's information desk.

AJ really wanted to see the alligators so we went into the reptile house this time. We never go into the reptile house because there's always a huge line. But this time we walked right in. Boy it was hot in there! The kids were enchanted with all the snakes and alligators and lizards. I caught this awesome shot for Juice. This is his favorite color, after all!
Butterfly wanted to see the spider monkeys. I knew the Monkeys were not in the Great Ape house so I thought we'd try the Small Mammal House. In there we saw a ton of animals. The kids were entranced by the Golden Tamarins, and I have to say they are some of my favorite animals. Too fast for my distracted picture taking though.

Once we got out of there, we figured it was time to leave. There was an altercation involving some cotton candy and popcorn, but it was resolved fairly quickly. (Butterfly didn't want to share, I made her, the end.) The ride home on the Metro was quiet, due to the Zzzzs the kids were catching for their own use.

What a fun day!

Safire

3 comments:

  1. How FUN!! As Spencer and I were packing the girls up to head to Costco this morning I tell him, "Let's go to the ZOO today!!" Oh, wishful thinking! There was way too much to get done today- but it's in the plans soon! I LOVE the zoo! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love the Zzzz reference at the end! It was a fun but very tiring day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:14 PM

    I love this shot! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble. --Helen Keller