- Take your newly turned 2 year old to a restaurant to celebrate his birthday.
Tonight we decided that we would go out and celebrate the boys turning 2 (again...it's been a weekend of celebration) and go to dinner. Now dining out with 3 little kids is always an adventure. This one did not disappoint. We took the family to the same place we took Butterfly to celebrate her 2nd birthday. It's a fun little steak place called Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse. They have good food and are very kid friendly. They also have animatronic animals that talk and move there! Butterfly barely ate when she turned 2, and the boys were no exception.
- Entrance them with animatronics of woodland creatures.
- Watch them jump as the buffalo head above them started to talk.
The first time he started to chat with us, both boys stiffened up and then bolted into our laps. Butterfly just laughed. We were trying to order food at that point and it was pretty comical to the waiter to see their reactions. They sat in our laps the whole rest of the time. Pirate would not let Juice take his arm from around him. The moose on the other side of the room was cause for concern as well, but mostly the talking buffalo.
- Encourage talking to the moving woodland creatures to try and alleviate fear.
- Switch kids. Get poked in the eye. Have to take someone away from the table for time out.
- Sit with child in time out in the waiting area. Have him jump back into your arms because of a moving owl. Decide it's time to go home.
- Get in car. Look at husband. Laugh and shake your heads.